Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
DanRiches said:
Hi,

I have a 2.0L SE petrol 407 [...] rear stop light faulty (No that also is working fine!), [...]
Can't lay my hands on it at the moment, but somewhere on the forum there's a thread containing information on the relationship between a faulty rear light and various random messages appearing. IIRC, it's a question of the earth on the rear light.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Engine lumpy when cold, should I clean the EGR???

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the response, but the brake light and indicator light faults are recent. The engine running lumpy when idle is still ongoing from a good 8+ months ago. What I really want to know is whether cleaning the EGR valve is a more likely solution to the engine running issue. Other things like the lights, which are all working, can be sorted out later.

The main problem is that the car is dangerous to drive while cold as I could be pulling out onto a roundabout and the engine either stutters or konks out, leaving me in the path of oncoming vehicles! I was almost involved in an accident just the other day because of this pile of crap car and the idiots at the dealership that can't figure out what the problem is!

Sorry to sound pee'd off but this car could cost my job and possibly my life, and all the dealership wants to do is sell me another car or charge the earth to put it right. So far I've spent over £400 and it still doesn't run properly. I drive a french kangaroo to work in the morning and it's grrrrr!!!!!

Please anyone any more help?????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well the alarm system failure began cleaning at the same time as the engine lost power, he wanted only firing on three cylinders. car took the Peugeot dealer in Kilmarnock that after the connection of diagnostic equipment.it was firing on three cylinders. Then, perform a repair. I think now you can guess what would happen he next day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Engine - Depollution fault warning

I have a 407 MY07 -2.0ltr Diesel. Car has only done 22000km and the engine periodically stops (becomming more frequent). It doesnt matter if you are moving or idling. When it happens you get a "depollution system faulty" warning. This warning will reset after the 4th start.
The engine has not to date stopped while this warning is shown. Once it resets the engine will stop/cough at random times. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
ECU Faults and more

Had my 407 2.0 HDi SW 56 reg 46 K on the clock for 1 month and had the following faults:
1. No AC.
2. Faulty Fuel Cap Cover needing new sensor.
3. Wrongly adjusted rear window.
4. No heat driver’s side.
5. Spurious Fog light warning but they are fine.
On Tuesday of this week ECU light came on all the time, no turbo, missing on one or more cylinders and down to 38 mpg on long run, was 42 mpg around town.
Going in tomorrow to the Peugot Dealer in Blackpool, for 3 days to have 1, 2, 4 and the ECU fault fixed. Will let you know how it went on Friday
:mad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone, I forgot to say that it is under warranty so there should be no cost involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Funny thing is that if I call the garage and ask for someone by name they are never at their desk and I have to leave a message and sometimes it gets through. I also found this at Peugot Dealer in Ipswich. I recon it's a policy of Peugot so you can't chew the person out? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
:)
Had my 407 2.0 HDi SW 56 reg 46 K on the clock for 1 month and had the following faults:
1. No AC.
2. Faulty Fuel Cap Cover needing new sensor.
3. Wrongly adjusted rear window.
4. No heat driver’s side.
5. Spurious Fog light warning but they are fine.
On Tuesday of this week ECU light came on all the time, no turbo, missing on one or more cylinders and down to 38 mpg on long run, was 42 mpg around town.
Going in tomorrow to the Peugot Dealer in Blackpool, for 3 days to have 1, 2, 4 and the ECU fault fixed. Will let you know how it went on Friday
:mad:
Hi everyone, Back again with car that is running smoothly.
No 1 was associated with a vacuum valve that needed replacing.
No 2 New sensor fitted.
No 3 was fixed a week ago, bad adjustment of the connector rods.
No 4 was a recall but the car had not been recalled and it involved some extended fingures, he said.
No 5 was a computer update.
The rest were due to a computer problem that the update fixed. I have read in this formum that this type or problem fixes itself but only if there is no resident fault, like No 2. That's why the Ipswich man said it would put itself right on the 3rd or 4th start up.
No charge as covered by warranty.
Wonder why the recall had not been implemented before they sold the car to me. Perhaps the hoped that the new owner would be too timid to complain.
Had a mad dash on the motorway and drives like it should.:lol:
Let's hope it works fine now!
Pleasant people to deal with.

·
Registered
58 Posts
this was a decent read,i too am suffering the blight of a tempromental EGR valve on my 807,2.0 hdi.

could i just blank it off.also ive read that my ecu might need a software upgrade because my car is now running without the particle filter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dps

Hi Pedro,
Elsewhere on the forum there is a note that includes the following:
To check the recalls applicable to your car phone 08452001234 Option 3. Give your registration and they will tell you the applicable recalls and if they have been done.
Cheers:lol:

·
Registered
58 Posts
thank you very much for that,ive got a recall letter sat here at the moment for some sort of vacuum thingymebobby :thumb:

D

·
0 Posts
Depollution system faulty is the generic warning message for any engine management problem. It can be anything causing problems.

·
Registered
58 Posts
yeh i realise that now,when the first time i had mine i didnt understand and thought it was specific :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
:)

Hi everyone, Back again with car that is running smoothly.
No 1 was associated with a vacuum valve that needed replacing.
No 2 New sensor fitted.
No 3 was fixed a week ago, bad adjustment of the connector rods.
No 4 was a recall but the car had not been recalled and it involved some extended fingures, he said.
No 5 was a computer update.
The rest were due to a computer problem that the update fixed. I have read in this formum that this type or problem fixes itself but only if there is no resident fault, like No 2. That's why the Ipswich man said it would put itself right on the 3rd or 4th start up.
No charge as covered by warranty.
Wonder why the recall had not been implemented before they sold the car to me. Perhaps the hoped that the new owner would be too timid to complain.
Had a mad dash on the motorway and drives like it should.:lol:
Let's hope it works fine now!
Pleasant people to deal with.
I spoke too soon. Warning came up of Faulty Fog Lamp. I checked them and they are all OK and then the engine started to miss a beat.
2 days from last visit when the garage was closed the Depollution Light came on again and has stayed on. Once again no turbo and must have Oz diesel in it. Off to the Garage again tomorrow. Since having this beast I have not had one full day of trouble free motoring and they say there is no such thing as a Friday Car anymore.:(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mines started yesterday, 2004 2.0 HDI, juddery at 1800-2300 rpm, now today ts got worse all day to the point that tonight its as lumpy as hell. I suspect its the fuel filter as I let it run down quite low a few days ago. I've taken the filter out to inspect but now I've got de-pollution failure and lumpy tick over. Going to replace the fuel filter tomorrow, how easy is it to replace the particle filter by the CAT?

thanks

·
Registered
1,025 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well.... I tried to get it to the garage this morning for them to deal with it but ended up getting towed as it gave up after 2 miles. Speed went from 30mph flat out to stop.. Thanks for the warning pug!

My mate took it off to try and clean it but the inside is collapsed so its a new one :( £350+ at the moment

21 - 40 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.