Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i have a 407 coupe with the ew12j4s engine and my fuel gauge has gone to the lowest mark and the fuel light has come on also.it was working yesterday but today there is no reading,when you turn the power off theres no reaction. Usually it stays on the correct level until the screen in the centre of the speedo turns black and then it comes from nothing to the correct reading when you unlock the car and open the drivers door but today there is no reading even after putting 10 pounds of petrol in.

also the distance till empty on the satnav and cluster are not reading its not showing 0 its showing --- this is making me think it is the fuel level sender as if its got no fuel it will say 0 miles not ----miles,does the coupe have the sender under the rear seat like the other models? and does anyone have any tips on how to remove it without getting a fuel smell in the car?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have tested the fuel pump sender unit and i am getting .36ohm then i drove it for around a mile and got 0.34 ohm so it seems like the sender is working,all of the guages are working apart from the fuel guage so surely it cant be the cluster?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The trip computer needs the signal from the fuel sender to calculate the info so both issues have a common cause check wiring to the sender unit

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The trip computer needs the signal from the fuel sender to calculate the info so both issues have a common cause check wiring to the sender unit
so i put a variable resistor on the two wires that come from the pump for the fuel guage and i turned it up and down and when you do that it should make the fuel guage go up and down but i got no reaction, and i tested the sender also it seems to be giving a reading fine.
so i am thinking the issue must be the guage in the cluster or at worse a damaged wire between the sender and the guage so i am going to check that tommorow,.

i think the best thing would be to buy a lexia cable that way it will give me the reading if its working and also i can make the guage move up and down that way i will know for sure

1 - 6 of 6 Posts