Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
5,087 Posts
The 407 doesnt have Dampers because of safety laws. I think i read somewhere they could pierce pedestrians on impact, so Peugeot wouldnt fit them to achieve a better ncap rating.TBH i don't find it too much hassle to prop it up, sure it felt cool on my 406 to just lift the bonnet and let it open and stay there but progress is progress.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 407 doesnt have Dampers because of safety laws. I think i read somewhere they could pierce pedestrians on impact, so Peugeot wouldnt fit them to achieve a better ncap rating.TBH i don't find it too much hassle to prop it up, sure it felt cool on my 406 to just lift the bonnet and let it open and stay there but progress is progress.
Yes I had it on my 406, and it was a nice thing when i had to do something in the engine bay.
I have seen that there are some who have retrofitted it on their Golf 2 and other

·
5,087 Posts
Does the bonnet stay annoy you alot ??
might cost alot to modify and what about your Mot (or equivalent) ?

·
Registered
464 Posts
To be honest I've had passing thoughts along the same lines - I like the fact that I lift the 306 bonnet and it just stays there - I almost dropped the 407 bonnet the first time or two I opened it because I'm so used to it!

·
5,087 Posts
Bear in mind the 407 has an aluminium bonnet so the pressure of 2 gas struts could possibly bend it when closing. I would be cautious of doing this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts