Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "PRND" Warning Sign came out on my 407's, and on the screen said Gearbox faulty, After restart my car, the warning sign disapear...

Did any one found what is the problem, on the Car service said that i should change the whole gearbox (4700eur :confused:). The car has 40.000km and it is 4 years old.

Thank you

·
Registered
546 Posts
which gearbox am6 or 4hp20,check maybe stop signal sensor if it working ok do full diagnostic with pp2000 if dosent show noting change oil in gearbox

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your kind reply

Do you think that changing the oil will resolve the problem?
i already been on peugeot authorized service and they dont have a clue what is wrong, they already change me some sensor but the problem still remains.

Next thing they said is to change the entire gearbox.
I am very suspicious about that diagnose is correct.

Change the oil they said is around 500 eur.

J

·
0 Posts
Next thing they said is to change the entire gearbox.
Seems a bit drastic at this early stage..... I would definitely be doing all the simple stuff first, and even then look for a s'hand box. I would be trying my best to throw it back at them at that age/mileage to warrant a new box :nod:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you think that oil change could make some difference with that kind of an error, when error ocuried i can feel a small kick in gearbox, but then i can normaly continue to drive, just error is on the display until i restart the car.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Seems a bit drastic at this early stage..... I would definitely be doing all the simple stuff first, and even then look for a s'hand box. I would be trying my best to throw it back at them at that age/mileage to warrant a new box :nod:
Trouble is if 'peugeot planet' says the car is ok, then the car is ok.
Most mechanics in the dealers won't / don't know to look any further than the diagnostic socket

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They said to me that when they connect it to the computer doesnt show no error, than the car is working ok for two days and than i get the same error.

my question is will the oil change make some difference?

·
Registered
546 Posts
They said to me that when they connect it to the computer doesnt show no error, than the car is working ok for two days and than i get the same error.

my question is will the oil change make some difference?
maybe yes maybe not nobody can tell you 100 % if not see the car.basic question whats type gearbox?

D

·
0 Posts
You can't just change the oil in these. There are some serious procedures in doin it.
Someone who knows what they're at would be an advantage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
now in the SC will try to change the oil in gearbox (90eur), and we will see if
this will help,
nobody knows what is wrong, the car was 2 weeks on the peugeot platform connected straight to france and they cant give me the diagnose (very disapointed with the france team, they build this thing right?)....
so i am waiting if the oil change will help....

i would like to write to develop dept. in France if they are not ashamed that they dont know what is the problem...but i cant find some contact or mail address.

anybody with some solutions or ideas is very welcome

thnks

·
Registered
1 Posts
407 Gearbox

now in the SC will try to change the oil in gearbox (90eur), and we will see if
this will help,
nobody knows what is wrong, the car was 2 weeks on the peugeot platform connected straight to france and they cant give me the diagnose (very disapointed with the france team, they build this thing right?)....
so i am waiting if the oil change will help....

i would like to write to develop dept. in France if they are not ashamed that they dont know what is the problem...but i cant find some contact or mail address.

anybody with some solutions or ideas is very welcome

thnks
I own 407 model 2009 and having problems with overheating. Garage has recommended to replace with a German made gearbox. The Japanese Aisin is lowsy and had lots of problems. Peugeot used to install german gearboxes but I think is bottom line again which end user suffers after the warranty is over like me. Looking around still and waiting for reply.
Japan, even they know the problem they will NOT tell Peugeot because outsider. Japanese are good for all these things before buying everything ok but after contract signed ahso nei, asho nei and you cry to the grave.
Would suggest you to check the gearbox ecu as they always give false alarm.
Alternatively, ask Peugeot to replace with German made gearbox.
Connectors also post problems especially after rain where there is vapour or condensation.
Let me know if that helps if not can recommend other things. Paul.
[email protected]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts