Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a Peugeot 407 2.0L Turbo Diesel 4 door Sedan MY 2008 SR. I have been looking at Android 9/10 Head unit options available in eBay. Their product description says it's compatible with MY 2008 but they are not exactly listing any Diesel or 2.0L models on their page.

Any advise on these Android 9/10 Head Unit compatibility with Diesel and 2.0L model sedans would be appreciated.

Thanks All :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I drive a Peugeot 407 2.0L Turbo Diesel 4 door Sedan MY 2008 SR. I have been looking at Android 9/10 Head unit options available in eBay. Their product description says it's compatible with MY 2008 but they are not exactly listing any Diesel or 2.0L models on their page.

Any advise on these Android 9/10 Head Unit compatibility with Diesel and 2.0L model sedans would be appreciated.

Thanks All :)
Are you referring to the one of these?
It should fit any 407 (06-10), I am ordering one myself on Monday and fitting it, there is a guy on Youtube that walks through the installation of it, its pretty simple which I wouldn't have thought so.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Yes it will fit and work with ANY Peugeot 407, whether that's saloon, coupe or SW, with whatever engine.
The only issue you will run into is if you have an RT3 / RT4 / RT5 or other sat nav factory units - then you will need to reprogram the car and tell it that it has an RD4 fitted instead by using Peugeot Planet Diagnostics.

However that is not the biggest concern, the problem a lot of users have found is that operation of the parking sensor mute button can brick the BSI requiring extensive repair work. So that scared me off from going down the Android upgrade path.

However, that didn't stop me... I have installed an 10.1" android headunit :D

This is a rough fit (hence not clipped / screwed in). I have since placed the factory screen properly. The way it works is the original screen on top of the centre console controls ALL the vehicle functions such as parking sensors, error messages, doors open etc as per usual using a Connects2 CTSPG013 and allows me to control that screen.

I went from an RT4 to Android headunit, so I used the factory installed GPS sensor and even phone antennae!

That connects2 box also lets the steering wheel controls work with the android head-unit and outputs parking sensor sounds through the speakers while also control the factory screen through the steering wheel controls.

There is also a Pioneer 4 channel amp hidden inside the dash with a fabricated cubby hole with with wireless charger for mobile phones to be installed where the original headunit would go (got measurements slightly off by 5mm so couldn't fit it annoyingly!)

The reason I haven't posted this up as it's still a work in progress, still left to do:

1. i used the cheapest android headunit to mockup with a view to install a proper unit, which I ordered but seller sent me the wrong item and the new-new seller is messing me around.... How hard could ordering a decent android headunit be.... this has delayed me by an astounding 3 months! Also, make sure it's fully specced up, the cheapest units are almost unusable. Also make sure you pay using a decent credit card, Aliexpress did not refund me full amount and expected me to pay for shipping back. I claimed on credit card and got an instant full refund.

2. Pretty boring looking at the date/time on the factory screen. I've found a workaround using the controller from a early 607, which I've fabricated into the centre console.... will be installing with the new android headunit when it decides to arrive

3. Integrate original RT4 microphone into android headunit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes it will fit and work with ANY Peugeot 407, whether that's saloon, coupe or SW, with whatever engine.
The only issue you will run into is if you have an RT3 / RT4 / RT5 or other sat nav factory units - then you will need to reprogram the car and tell it that it has an RD4 fitted instead by using Peugeot Planet Diagnostics.

However that is not the biggest concern, the problem a lot of users have found is that operation of the parking sensor mute button can brick the BSI requiring extensive repair work. So that scared me off from going down the Android upgrade path.

View attachment 90829

This is a rough fit (hence not clipped / screwed in). I have since placed the factory screen properly. The way it works is the original screen on top of the centre console controls ALL the vehicle functions such as parking sensors, error messages, doors open etc as per usual using a Connects2 CTSPG013 and allows me to control that screen.

I went from an RT4 to Android headunit, so I used the factory installed GPS sensor and even phone antennae!

That connects2 box also lets the steering wheel controls work with the android head-unit and outputs parking sensor sounds through the speakers while also control the factory screen through the steering wheel controls.

There is also a Pioneer 4 channel amp hidden inside the dash with a fabricated cubby hole with with wireless charger for mobile phones to be installed where the original headunit would go (got measurements slightly off by 5mm so couldn't fit it annoyingly!)

The reason I haven't posted this up as it's still a work in progress, still left to do:

1. i used the cheapest android headunit to mockup with a view to install a proper unit, which I ordered but seller sent me the wrong item and the new-new seller is messing me around.... How hard could ordering a decent android headunit be.... this has delayed me by an astounding 3 months! Also, make sure it's fully specced up, the cheapest units are almost unusable. Also make sure you pay using a decent credit card, Aliexpress did not refund me full amount and expected me to pay for shipping back. I claimed on credit card and got an instant full refund.

2. Pretty boring looking at the date/time on the factory screen. I've found a workaround using the controller from a early 607, which I've fabricated into the centre console.... will be installing with the new android headunit when it decides to arrive

What is that unit on your dash near the windscreen showing the time and date stuff?

·
Registered
935 Posts
It's the standard screen from a 407 housed in a part from Japan that you can order from your local dealer.....
8209G8

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you referring to the one of these?
It should fit any 407 (06-10), I am ordering one myself on Monday and fitting it, there is a guy on Youtube that walks through the installation of it, its pretty simple which I wouldn't have thought so.
Yes this is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for your response and the link :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

View attachment 90829

You have got an interesting project going on. Looks pretty cool. Thanks for the details.

So is there a way I can determine whether mine is RT3/4/5? My 407 factory head unit looks looks like below.

and I have got this receiver thingy as shown below. But I haven't got any Sat Nav just Radio.

if we can determine if its RT3/4/5 from looking at the pics it's great. Or is there a software I can run from my laptop to run diagnostics via OBD to find out?

·
Registered
8 Posts
So depending on what unit you have deices if you can install one or not? This is the one I have which is slightly different from sgmnc's one, I also don't have that block on the window like he has and no sat nav, just radio and cd player. Would I be still ok to go ahead and buy one tomorrow?

·
Registered
935 Posts
So depending on what unit you have deices if you can install one or not? This is the one I have which is slightly different from sgmnc's one, I also don't have that block on the window like he has and no sat nav, just radio and cd player. Would I be still ok to go ahead and buy one tomorrow?

View attachment 90857
You shouldn't have that block on the window. You have an RD4 so go ahead. Not that it matters whether you have an RD4 or RT4!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts