Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new member looking for some information about getting the right head unit so I can still use the aircon plus connect my phone for calls and music. I have fitted a single din Sony head unit from my old car at the moment just so I got hands free and be able to play music off my phone but have lost the menu function that controls the aircon ect. Is there a factory head unit or aftermarket I can fit that will allow me to Bluetooth connect plus use my functions on the main menu?

Thanks in advance
Gav.

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
183 Posts
You can add Android head unit like Ownice. There are others, link provided below, have purchased from ali and ownice. My most recent purchased is for Peugeot 4007 is PX6 model, quicker than I expected (near equal to my phone Samsung s20 ultra) and ideal upgrade for my vehicle.

Ownice (general things to know before purchase)
*CarPlay Auto is optional, so you must add before purchase, as it *changes the motherboard layout. ( * what Ownice says, not internally checked this is the case)
Also recommend upgrading to DSP 8 Channel. Totally worth the cost, tried both.
These systems normal have decent quality fascia panel for your car and adaptor plugs (largely plug n play) and CanBUS unit. (make sure all are included in your purchase, makes the job easy)
If you can't find what you need, contact them on Ali (as their main website is only for distributors).

I have not check compatibility or suitability with your vehicle / requirements.

*CarPlay is a loaded general term meaning different things to different manufacturers, be careful it is exactly what you want.
The first version is wired. Mostly, when I am thinking of CarPlay it's Auto - this is the wireless version.
Watch out for OS version and compatibility with both Android and iPhone.

Hope you find this helpful in your quest.

·
12,659 Posts
Join this group, a lot of 407 owners have fitted aftermarket systems:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts