Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, new to the forum :). Last week I bought a 407 2007 2.0L model.

Maybe someone can help me with my issue. The stereo is switching on but the monitor stops in the Peugeot logo. Apparently there is also a CD stuck inside as well.

Tried to reset the console with the DARK button but still nothing happens. I am suspecting that it had a battery issue and it reset all the settings, because the previous owner changed the battery as well.

It also has Sat Nav, which also nothing comes up on the monitor.

Can someone maybe help me with this issue please? :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds like it could be the wrong radio for the car, well the right radio but not programmed for that specific car (like someone replaced it with a secondhand one without reprogramming it to suit). Unless someone on here nearby to you has the correct software on a laptop and can pop round to sort it, you'll have to take it to a peugeot garage to sort it.

·
Registered
15,114 Posts
Replacement radio would still work it would just beep at you thats NOT the issue i test radios on my bench using a 207 BSI i have it wired to test ALL radios including sat nav ones and it just beeps because the VIN is wrong.

Your head unit is the issue this controls the screen if there is no output from the head unit the screen wont do anything

·
5,040 Posts
Are you UK based ?? Theres a very good FB page thats very busy all about 407's :lol::lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi all, thanks for the replies :).

No I am not based in the UK. I got some other feedback as well that mentions the Hard Disk maybe corrupted.

The hard disk can be connected to a normal laptop to format it or something?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts