Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I currently have a Peugeot 407 2005 2.0 L Saloon and I'm experiencing a very weird fan problem. I have researched this issue online and even found a few videos regarding the same problem I have but the fix in the video isn't the exact problem I have.

So, the problem is my fans will work when you start the engine and will work on speed 1 but if you turn it up to full speed after a minute or two the fans completely cut out and will not resume working even after turning off the fans and idling for a while. I have seen videos about the Fan Connector on the left passenger side and have checked it. It doesn't look burnt or anything, so I checked so see if their was current/voltage. It was low when plugged in but I don't know if it's normal? When unplugged the voltage was 14v. I even brought a new heater blower and replaced it with the old one and it didn't fix the issue.

Also another weird problem I am experiencing is the fans on the radio panel. The right fan and the driver side right fan blows out heat and not cold air which is what I set the temperature to but it blows out heat. The left fan on the radio panel and the passenger side blows out cold air. Which is what I set it to do, so I'm really confused as to why the other two fans are blowing out heat?

I'm thinking that the blower motor resistor might have something to do with the fans not working but any more input would highly appreciated if anyone else has experienced this issue before.

Also another thing I would to ask if where is the actual location of the blower motor resistor? I couldn't seem to find it anywhere even with the glovebox taken out. I couldn't seem to find it. So, does anyone know where it's located?

Thanks so much in advance!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Climate control cars don't have heater resistors, only those ccrappy one's that make you pick a speed between 1-4 (upto 6 I think). It's a PWM signal from a signal controller which is more efficient but harder to diagnose issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Climate control cars don't have heater resistors, only those ccrappy one's that make you pick a speed between 1-4 (upto 6 I think). It's a PWM signal from a signal controller which is more efficient but harder to diagnose issues.
Thanks for the info

Any idea on where the signal comes from? Is it from the heating control module in the dash?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts