Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My mother have a Peugeot 407 2.2i SW 2004 Automatic and when she was about to take it for a ride today the car shifted from first gear to third and then loses all the power, and at the same time a light in dashboard lights up with a triangle and a exclamation mark in the middle! When looking in the manual it stands for gearbox failure!?

Anyone know what to do and why this appeared suddenly?
Regards Conny

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Kind of hard to take a guess really. Best thing is to get it on a Peugeot diagnostics. See if any faults are logged.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kind of hard to take a guess really. Best thing is to get it on a Peugeot diagnostics. See if any faults are logged.
okay thanks, I just thought if it was a well-known problem that someone knew about :p
Then there is nothing more to do than take it to the workshop and let them make there magic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update: We took the car to the workshop where they connect the car to the computer. Find out that there was lot of error codes that are now restored. Dont know why does just popped up from nowhere :p

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
update: We took the car to the workshop where they connect the car to the computer. Find out that there was lot of error codes that are now restored. Dont know why does just popped up from nowhere :p
Hopefully it doesn't come back! :)

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
I would be inclined to check the battery and alternator

1 - 9 of 9 Posts