1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
407SW 2.2HDI 207hp/452Nm Stage 1
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I have a couple of questions regarding the throttle body:

1. What is the role of the throttle body in the HDI engines?
2. What are pros and cons if I disable the throttle body by software?
3. Is there a possibility the problem with the uneven acceleration to be from Acceleration Pedal? Because, two years ago, a garage reset my throttle body and it worked, I had even acceleration for a couple of days.
4. How can I reset the throttle body?

The reason I am asking these questions is because I fitted a new throttle body recently, I have cleaned P2100, I don't have any errors or problems as before, only 1, that I have since I bought this car. - Uneven acceleration between 2000-2600rpm - The car start to accelerate, and around 2200-2300rpm slows down, on 2400rpm accelerating again and so on, until around 2600rpm.
Recently I spoke with a guy with the same engine, remapped, etc. He turned off the throttle body via Software and now the car is running fine, the acceleration is even.

·
9,645 Posts
It has a throttle body/doser valve to restrict air flow when high EGR demands are required, on some models it also used with other valves to reroute air to bypass intercooler and EGR charge cooler to promote faster warm up and assist DPF regeneration.

Lastly it shuts on ign off to reduce shudder and hopefully prevent run away if turbo fails etc as when you turn off ign it shuts and hopefully restricts the air and stops the engine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts