Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,im new to the forum as i own a peugeot 407 and having problems with the turbo,the car is on a 55 plate and currently in the garage,im no machanic,but the one im using is running out of ideas,the car is lacking power like the turbo is not kicking in at all so sent it to the machanic to take alook,at 1st he put the car on his computer and it showed up with a code pointing to the turbo being faulty,so i bought a second hand one and had it fitted,the car still had the same problem so back to the garage it went,hes now waiting on an electrical part that (i think)triggers the turbo,there is no engine management light coming on and its showing no codes,as anyone got any idea what the problem could be?,sorry about the lack of info but im abit numb when it comes to machanics,any ideas at all might help i look forward to any replies,atb bob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Turbo Problems

Have you checked all the pipes my 55 reg had a hole in large rubber hose as you open bonnet only found wen got in pit with very big lamp - ran like crap no power at all 30 odd £££££ from Pug did the trick for me

Planet said it was all over for my car R.I.P

Regards
Paul

P0299 Generic Turbo / Super Charger Underboost

U2001 Generic No response from the Audio Tape Deck

U1118 Peugeot CAN Data Bus/Multifunction Control Module Communication Failure

P1693 Turbo charge control circuit malfunction
SID 803 Starting and switching off of the engine controlled. Starting or switch-off requests absent or not valid.
J34P - Remote control wake-up inconsistency problem.
NFU - Fault: Piloted engine stop-and-start (DAMP).

P2408 Generic Fuel Cap Sensor/Switch Circuit

Info from Betty Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What were the fault codes?
not sure to be honest i would have to ask him,there was one code coming up what he didnt know,when he asked peugeot they also didnt know,apparently

Have you checked all the pipes my 55 reg had a hole in large rubber hose as you open bonnet only found wen got in pit with very big lamp - ran like crap no power at all 30 odd £££££ from Pug did the trick for me

Planet said it was all over for my car R.I.P

Regards
Paul

P0299 Generic Turbo / Super Charger Underboost

U2001 Generic No response from the Audio Tape Deck

U1118 Peugeot CAN Data Bus/Multifunction Control Module Communication Failure

P1693 Turbo charge control circuit malfunction
SID 803 Starting and switching off of the engine controlled. Starting or switch-off requests absent or not valid.
J34P - Remote control wake-up inconsistency problem.
NFU - Fault: Piloted engine stop-and-start (DAMP).

P2408 Generic Fuel Cap Sensor/Switch Circuit

Info from Betty Thank you
the mechanic says hes checked all hoses and all are fine,atb bob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Turbo problems

I had the RAC out to my car they said something to do with fuel cap?????
Basically no help at all
I’ve got to say i did not feel hole in pipe only saw a fine bit of string hole was big enough to fit finger though it started fine every time but no power after 30 mph
There are plenty of people have had the turbo problem . you need to include codes in ur post If you can . this is a very good site I am sure someone will help

Regards Paul

·
Registered
821 Posts
I would literally kill a person (a peugeot engineer, if they count as people) for some info on P2408, i searched web far and wide and havent found a single solution.

D

·
0 Posts
I would literally kill a person (a peugeot engineer, if they count as people) for some info on P2408, i searched web far and wide and havent found a single solution.
Yes, change the fuel cap presence sensor. Very common problem in the 407. The car will not regenerate the particle filter if there are problems with the cap sensor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts