Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,

I have scanned the car with Lexia PP2000, and there are 2 fault codes:

1. Cooling Circuit By-Pass Electrovalve
2. Pre/post heating relay circuit

ecu.jpg

The car sometimes juddering randomly, also the EGR valve is blanked by the previous owner.

What my be the problem.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hi & welcome.

Everyone has the glow plug fault, so that's probably a red herring. (Although I did actually get rid of mine by putting in new glow plugs; go figure.)

"cooling bypass circuit" means the intercooler bypass. A pair of butterflies (called the air doser) in the air intake can switch air through a path that bypasses the intercooler. This is done during particle filter regeneration.

Each butterfly reports its actual position back to the ECU, and if the value received doesn't match the value the ECU requested then this is the sort of fault you see.

Things to try:
* actuators test
* check requested vs actual position in parameter measurements.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi to all,

I have scanned the car with Lexia PP2000, and there are 2 fault codes:

1. Cooling Circuit By-Pass Electrovalve
2. Pre/post heating relay circuit

View attachment 78538

The car sometimes juddering randomly, also the EGR valve is blanked by the previous owner.

What my be the problem.

Thanks in advance.
You didnt mention the engine and year.

Some early models were never fitted with the electrovalve (for controlling teh coolant flow) and have a regular thermostat. if you check your thermostat housing check if you have an electrovalve. If not, you can ignore the fault, if your coolant temperatures are normal. But it would not cause you juddering.

About the heating relay, the relay is below the Engine ECU, in the boot. If the relay is bad, it is cheap and easy to replace. It could also be glow plugs. But these cars dont use glow plugs unless its -5 degrees.

So your issue is elsewhere. Check vericle parameters when running and paste screenshot here.

Thank god your EGR is blanked, it is only good for your engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You didnt mention the engine and year.

Some early models were never fitted with the electrovalve (for controlling teh coolant flow) and have a regular thermostat. if you check your thermostat housing check if you have an electrovalve. If not, you can ignore the fault, if your coolant temperatures are normal. But it would not cause you juddering.

About the heating relay, the relay is below the Engine ECU, in the boot. If the relay is bad, it is cheap and easy to replace. It could also be glow plugs. But these cars dont use glow plugs unless its -5 degrees.

So your issue is elsewhere. Check vericle parameters when running and paste screenshot here.

Thank god your EGR is blanked, it is only good for your engine.
Thanks for the replay,

My car is from 2004 2.0 HDI 16v Siemens, strange thing is that i removed the engine plastic cover because have broken mountings and suddenly the juddering stopped and i don't have this problem anymore. So assume there is some electrical problem as the plastic cover does not fit in the mounting holes and touch some of the wiring in the engine. One more question where exactly to look for the thermostat electrovalve, if it present to check if the PP2000 error can be eliminated.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts