Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. New to forum & got a problem. My engine cooling fan is not working. Only found out when i was towing my caravan all was fine until i got the stop sign on dash & temp symbol. Stopped car straight away and checked all fuses. All fuses in glove box & under bonnet checked out fine. Dont gave pp 2000. Anybody near me in ilkeston Derbyshire who can plug car in & tell me what is wrong. Willing to pay in beer LOL. Cheers eddy

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Didn't the temperature gauge tell you something was amiss?.
Does the fan come on with the a/c?, (it should).
I suspect the relay for the fan isn't working, plug in diagnostics might not detect that.

Roger.

·
Registered
69 Posts
That's true. diagnostics might or might not help in finding the underlying issue, although with the diag you can force activate the fan to see if it spins or not.

With the assumption that temperature sensor works properly and the fan fuse(s) are fine, the problem in most cases is in the fan relay that can be "stuck" in off or on position. The remedy is usualy a dissasembly of the relay and cleaning of the circuit board and contacts or a new relay. Before that check the fan connecting it directly to 12V from a suitable source.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi. Thanks for the replies. The temp gauge was hovering between 90-95 before it said stop. When i had stopped i left it a while to cool but on restarting fan was not on. Driving normally aircon is ok until car gets warm or i get stuck in traffic then aircon becomes warmer. Thanks eddy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts