Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I've just chipped my car yesterday (Peugeot 407, 1.6 HDI) to 138 hp. My question is, can these HP be compared to the 2.0 HDI model with 136 HP?

Will it be just as fast at e.g. 0-100 km and topspeed ?

(I know I wrote 138 upstairs, but if we look away from the 2 HP) I know there is many questions. A friend of mine said the 2.0 HDI still will be faster with the same amount HP as mine.

All answers will be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
There's no replacement for displacement

As standard the 90hp 2.0 produces more power and torque below 2500rpm than the 110hp 1.6.

You really need to compare power and torque curves. Do you have a dyno printout before and after?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's no replacement for displacement

As standard the 90hp 2.0 produces more power and torque below 2500rpm than the 110hp 1.6.

You really need to compare power and torque curves. Do you have a dyno printout before and after?
The standard 2.0 produces 90? Is it not 136?

I really don't have a dyno printout, maybe i should have, but it was 200 dollars cheaper without.

·
Registered
203 Posts
He meant that as a comparison 🙂 older engines in 406,307 etc are 2.0hdi with 90hp
Well if they tell you wich map did they use you might be able to find graphs online, if they made it then the only way is dyno

1 - 4 of 4 Posts