Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Any ideas welcome? I left the ignition on and flattened the battery. After recharge the ABS light stayed lit when engine running and clearly the ABS was not working when tested on the road. Other than that the car ran perfectly. However after a few days we noticed the engine did not cut after switching off unless in reverse gear. Even then some aspects of the ignition would at times stay on, but not the ignition light. eg. central dashboard screen information, humming noise from behind dashboard and reversing lights. We have now noticed a second turn off with the key will at times also cut the engine. Sometimes only a stall will work.
All the faults appear to stem from leaving the ignition on and flattening the battery.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I had similar issues with dash display staying lit and not turning off properly but was on older model which had a fan relay unit behind passenger foglight i dont know if your car would have this unit.

My box was full of water this was caused by my wife hitting a deer a few months before and it must have cracked the case allowing the water in it sounds like you have a similar gremlin although it could be another part causing it.

Do a bsi reset and it is unwise to allow the battery to go flat on 406s as they can loose their key codes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had similar issues with dash display staying lit and not turning off properly but was on older model which had a fan relay unit behind passenger foglight i dont know if your car would have this unit.

My box was full of water this was caused by my wife hitting a deer a few months before and it must have cracked the case allowing the water in it sounds like you have a similar gremlin although it could be another part causing it.

Do a bsi reset and it is unwise to allow the battery to go flat on 406s as they can loose their key codes.
Hi Reliable406,
Many thanks for a very prompt reply. I have done the BSI Reset. Problem solved in it's entirety.
Best wishes,
Douglas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts