1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I have a Peugeot 406 HDi 110, 2000.

Been running fine until yesterday, no power when pulling off from an island,
anyway car still got up to speed just took a little longer, although it held 70mph no problem on the motorway,
Ive noticed there is no pressure in the turbo/intercooler pipes.
I have used a code reader on the car, no fault codes have been displayed.
Wonder if anyone has had the same or similar problem, and could help with a bit of advice.

:)

G

·
0 Posts
Check the following;

Intercooler hoses ( bottom and top ) for splits - even tiny ones, and trickles of oil.

Intercooler - the bottom part sometimes leaks, you may see air bubbles on the lip just above where the bottom hose goes in.

Turbo electrovalve ( the one on the left side looking at the bank of 3 on the bulkhead ) as the waste gate may be stuck open.

Splits in the vacuum pipework, a split means no vacuum to open/close the waste gate.

Has the power returned?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi no power yet,

Had a P0243 code pop up last night, (Wastegate solenoid A)
Took the top intercooler hose off and the Wastegate is indeed open, so have ordered a new solenoid and will be re-fitting asap, will let you know how it goes :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Switched the valves around today to see if it made a difference and it didn't
Still got no pressure in the turbo system,
No leaks in any pipes, or intercooler,

Anything i could have missed?

G

·
0 Posts
If the vacuum pump goes then you will lose your brake servo too.

You say you looked at the wastegate inside the top intercooler pipe, but I think that is just an air doser, the wastegate is somewhere else ( I may be wrong as your layout is different to mine )

Try again when the new solenoid/electrovalve arrives - it is showing as faulty and it may be just that that is causing the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was the doser, gonna wait for the parts to arrive, and hope it does the job, got a hol in a week, not sure driving 200+ miles is a good idea.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok its sorted,

Turns out the vacuum hose under the Brake servo had a major split, couldn't here the air release because it was on the joint. Luckily I had some spare hose left from a project, fitted it and my Turbo came alive
Gave it a rev and had a massive a mount of black smoke, but after a good run its cleared and running sweet as a nut, just a service left to do now.

G

·
0 Posts
That is a good result, will you still fit the replacement electrovalve or keep it as a spare?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
vac pipes a common issue with all hdis as they get older low boost garages always blame turbos but 70% of the time its just a vac issue :)

My son was complaining of lack off boost on his and I cured it in 5 mins pipe split from vac pump to solenoids people should always check this first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is a good result, will you still fit the replacement electrovalve or keep it as a spare?
Keep as a spare i think, but will be replacing all the vacuum hoses after me hols.
Might even add some color to the engine bay make it look a little nicer
Thanks for the help :)

G

·
0 Posts
No problem - I was considering doing the same and replacing all mine with either colour coded pipes, or different colours for different uses i.e. blue for turbo piping and green for EGR etc. However I only have 2 electrovalves left and most of my vacuum pipes are bypassed so there isn't really a lot left.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bypassed?

I have three, so might go down a multi-color route myself.
But hols first, looking forward to see how she performs on the motorway.

G

·
0 Posts
Yes, bypassed.

The 2.2Hdi 16v originally has 5 electrovalves, 3 on the bulkhead ( turbo,EGR,doser ) and there is one for the swirl flap ( this opens the other dormant 8 valves at certain revs ) and there is one under the airbox, not sure what it does but its blanked.....:thumb:

EGR blanked, doser removed and bypassed, vacuum reservoir removed/bypassed, only leaving the 2, turbo and swirl flap.

Much simpler, less to go wrong, happy owner..:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts