Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, im new to this forum and i hope someone can help me.
My uncle has owned the car for 2 years now with no faults whatsoever. I have just bought it off him. The first day of owning it a fault has developed already. Just my luck with cars!
I took it out for my first drive, brought it back to my street, turned the engine off and took the key out. But the battery light on the dashboard is still on, and all the windows still work and i can still turn the stereo on and off. My uncle said it sounded like it was stuck in ACC position on the ignition. So i got a whole new lock set and ignition barrel. While removing the old one, we got to the bit of plastic with the 3 pointed star shape that does the ignition, but when we turned it with a screwdriver, we still could not get the battery light and the rest of the power to go off. So he pulled all the ignition wiring out completly, which meant effectivley there was no ignition or wiring at all and the power is still on. How is this possible? whats is keeping the power on? I know normally with battery light on dash, while key is removed, the problem is usually alternator or starter motor related, but the alternator would not keep the windows and stereo working would it??? Im stumped. Not sure where to start or what to buy, and now my ignition is in bits as well and it appears it was never the problem in the first place. Any ideas, please help.

·
Registered
862 Posts
TuRRiCaN said:
Hello all, im new to this forum and i hope someone can help me.
My uncle has owned the car for 2 years now with no faults whatsoever. I have just bought it off him. The first day of owning it a fault has developed already. Just my luck with cars!
I took it out for my first drive, brought it back to my street, turned the engine off and took the key out. But the battery light on the dashboard is still on, and all the windows still work and i can still turn the stereo on and off. My uncle said it sounded like it was stuck in ACC position on the ignition. So i got a whole new lock set and ignition barrel. While removing the old one, we got to the bit of plastic with the 3 pointed star shape that does the ignition, but when we turned it with a screwdriver, we still could not get the battery light and the rest of the power to go off. So he pulled all the ignition wiring out completly, which meant effectivley there was no ignition or wiring at all and the power is still on. How is this possible? whats is keeping the power on? I know normally with battery light on dash, while key is removed, the problem is usually alternator or starter motor related, but the alternator would not keep the windows and stereo working would it??? Im stumped. Not sure where to start or what to buy, and now my ignition is in bits as well and it appears it was never the problem in the first place. Any ideas, please help.
Hi and welcome to the forum :yay2:

Try checking the alternator output, it is probably low or nothing at all, the red light indicates that the battery is not recieving any charge whatsoever.

Hope this is of help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fixed

It was fuse 30..... 15A under the dash. I found a post on another forum stating that there is a fuse box problem. I have to leave it out, but the car has returned to normal. All the things the fuse is supposed to allow to operate, still work as well, if though its not plugged in. I`ll keep the fuse handy just in case, but my car is now back to normal. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts