Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I was just wondering whether anybody has suffered this problem with the details of the above car.
I could write a lot about this problem but it would take to long so I will keep it as short as possible.
Basically it's a starting problem, and has been causing so much frustration.
I could use the car one day and no problem, next day I could use it for about an hour or so and then when I come back to it the car will refuse to start, if I sit and wait for about an hour or two sometimes it's been five hours the car will eventually start.
I have had the RAC out to it five times already, sometimes I don't call them out, as I don't want to use all my calls up, but they can't seem to find the problem and two of the patrol men have said it's a fuel supply problem, I know it's electrical, but were do I start.

Any ideas.

Regards.

Busyboy

·
Registered
862 Posts
:
busyboy said:
Hi All,

I was just wondering whether anybody has suffered this problem with the details of the above car.
I could write a lot about this problem but it would take to long so I will keep it as short as possible.
Basically it's a starting problem, and has been causing so much frustration.
I could use the car one day and no problem, next day I could use it for about an hour or so and then when I come back to it the car will refuse to start, if I sit and wait for about an hour or two sometimes it's been five hours the car will eventually start.
I have had the RAC out to it five times already, sometimes I don't call them out, as I don't want to use all my calls up, but they can't seem to find the problem and two of the patrol men have said it's a fuel supply problem, I know it's electrical, but were do I start.

Any ideas.

Regards.

Busyboy
Hi there and welcome to the forum :thumb:

check the crank sensor. engine wont fire if dirty. usually by the fly wheel

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
moose, sensor

Thanks Moose,

Unfortunately I had that replaced two weeks ago.
I had a water leak from the coolant housing above the sensor cable, the RAC thought that might be the problem as drips of water were running down the sensor cable into the sensor connector socket.
So I had the water leak sorted and the sensor replaced.

busyboy

·
Registered
862 Posts
OK try checking this out the double relay which is situated next to your engine ECU (s brown or black). pins 8, 11, 14 and 15 must all be a permanant 12volt feed. you also need to know whats happening on terminal 1 (wire 1256) whilst the engine is cranking as this is the feed wire to the coil.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
moose, sensor

Thanks,

I take it that I have to get it checked when when the car refuses to start, to see if is live whilst cranking, if it's dead I presume that the relay needs replacing.
I should add, that it only refuses to start, if the car has been used for a period of time that involves a lot of stopping and starting in traffic, to my mind this would cause the part involved to get to hot hence it would play up.

busyboy

·
Registered
862 Posts
busyboy said:
Thanks,

I take it that I have to get it checked when when the car refuses to start, to see if is live whilst cranking, if it's dead I presume that the relay needs replacing.
I should add, that it only refuses to start, if the car has been used for a period of time that involves a lot of stopping and starting in traffic, to my mind this would cause the part involved to get to hot hence it would play up.

busyboy

Yes,it must have a live feed or it wont start.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
moose, sensor

Right I'd try that when it happens again or rather get the RAC to do it.
I'd Come back to you when it happens, it may a week or too, as I don't want to call the RAC out to much as I'm running out of call outs.
What's you view regarding other sensors failing when they hot and start to fail.

regards.

busyboy

·
Registered
862 Posts
I dont wish to sound cheeky but, with the age of your car and french electrics things are going to start failing i'm afraid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
moose, sensor

Hi Moose.

I have been told that before about French electrics and the age of the car.

I am looking around for another one this time a diesel model.

It's pity as this car has been very reliable over the three years I have had it.

Busyboy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts