Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

Just bought myself a beautiful (beautifully cheap-for a reason) 99 plate 406 estate.

The engine runs on slightly for a split second when the ignition is turned of. It did it for approx 2 seconds the other day and bought on the engine management light but has now returned to a split second.

Had the codes read (p1138,p0101, p0100, p0191) , also have noticed fuel in the dimples around the injectors....coincidence?

Any help or advise would be gratefully received.

Many Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hi.

Would be better to get pp2k on it to see what's going on.

My guess is a problem with the air doser. This is a butterfly in the air intake in most diesel 406s. It is supposed to throttle fresh air to increase exhaust recycling when the EGR is open, and it's suppose to slam shut when you turn the engine off.

(When mine was sticky there was a noticeable delay between turning the key and the engine stopping, and the engine would wobble and shake the car.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi rwb

Thanks your reply, I will try and find someone with pp2k on the mean time I have cleared the fault codes and they are yet to reappear but the slight fault still persists.
I am going to give her a good service at the weekend, is there anyway to get at this butterfly valve? I assume it's situated after the maf somewhere?

Many thanks
Nick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts