Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello wounded if anyone can help my 406 won't start saying engine immobiliser fault turns over but won't start. Got key warning light on dash an when ignition is on my wipers are going on there own my lights are on by them self my indicators don't work an I think the automatic head lights is beeping away most of the time. Had it plugged in on laptop an comes up with steering column control fault or systems fault.!!! Any help would be nice as I'm bout to set fire to it. Thanks mark

G

·
0 Posts
Check the 4 connectors on the back of the comms unit, if the grey one is unplugged then the car won't start, if the other is unplugged then the car thinks all switches are on.....:nono:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cheers were is comms unit? Is it behind steering column? It started tother day fine but day after it wouldn't start again!!!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
As GM says: check those connectors.
It's not as scary as it sounds -- I've seen GM do it in a field!

Normally, the usual culprit is the aerial fitted round the ingition barrel that reads the chip in the key. This is a straightforward swap for a new part. However, all of your additional symptoms point to the COM2000 not being connected properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts