Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, the remote locking on my 2001 406 HDI has stopped working, the locking works perfectly by using the key in the door,
Ive tried every key press sequence i can find on the internet and in peugeot manuals, It was disconnecting the cars battery that started the problem, everything was fine until then, If the car is left for a few minutes, and then the key fob button is pressed, the speedo and tacho needles flicker, and a click can be heard from the BSI under the dash, so 'i think that the car is receiving a signal from the key, any ideas would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Over 400 views in 10 months, I cant believe, I'm the only one with this problem, Anyone?
olly

G

·
Hi

This is the first time I have read the post, so here goes!

I trust you have tried the spare key?

Did you find several ways of pairing the key with the car? I have certainly seen three methods written for a 307, not sure of your car.

The flick of the needle is probably the BSi going to sleep... which it does 20-30 seconds after you close up the car.

D

·
Registered
239 Posts
System operation

Synchronization
When

How

Programming
When

How
Key added or replaced. System malfunction.

Manufacturer: Peugeot Engine code: DW10ATED (RHZ) Tuned for: Year: 1998-04

Key battery replaced. If buttons operated repeatedly while vehicle out of range and system becomes inoperative.
Peugeot
Without double locking: Pressing lock button once activates central locking and alarm. With double locking: Pressing lock button once activates double locking and alarm. 307 & 406 - some models: Holding lock button in depressed position closes windows. Pressing lock button within 5 seconds of locking vehicle deactivates double locking and activates central locking.
Switch ignition ON. Press and hold lock button for 10 seconds. Switch ignition OFF. Remove key from ignition switch. Wait 5 seconds. Synchronization procedure complete. Confirm synchronization has been successful by locking, double locking and unlocking vehicle. Repeat above procedure to synchronize any remaining keys.

Obtain all keys. Obtain owner's vehicle security card. Replacement keys can only be programmed using diagnostic equipment.

Manufacturer: Peugeot Engine code: DW10ATED (RHZ) Tuned for: Year: 1998-04

G

·
See attached extract from Autodata.

Button 1 is the big lock button.

You do need dealer level diags - such as Planet oif you need to code the immobiliser. Immobilisers should not be lost if the fob battery is dead as they dont use it!

Does your spare key still start the engine?

D

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for replies, car has no alarm, just immobiliser, spare key has no remote locking function, everything was working until the battery was disconnected, but I am unable to resynchronize the locking function of the main key, the manual says to turn on ignition and press large locking button once within 10 seconds, then remove key and that should do it,
as stated I'm sure that the bsi is receiving a signal from the key, it just wont activate the central locking, immobiliser functions and all other electrical systems work just fine, Its just one of those annoying things that spoils an otherwise excellent car.
Thanks
Olly

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bettyswollocks said:
olly i always thought when you pressed the button you HELD it in FOR 10 seconds with the ignition in the on posistion.
I think thats one of the variations, anyway I tried that without success, another one was to repeatedly press the button for 30 seconds, again no good.
Olly

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
406 PLIP PROGRAMMING

The 406 deadlocking remote control has specific button controls, and if the vehicle has two controls, one is set as primary and the other as secondary.

When replacing the Plip, a Primary or Secondary Plip are different part numbers and must be ordered as required. The white label inside the Plip is labelled PRIM or SEC.

1. Turn the Ignition switch ON.

2. Press the large Plip key button (Primary Plip)

3. Within 10 seconds press the large Plip key button (Secondary Plip)

4. If there is one remote, press the Primary plip button twice.

5. Turn ignition OFF.

6. Test Plip’s for correct operation.

NOTE : On some 406 models, Plips cannot be re-synchronised unless the battery has been disconnected for 1 minute.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
thats all i can find on it at the minute olly, if your going to disconnect the battery again you`ll need to use the softboot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BestGear said:
I think its probably worth a session with Planet to remove existing keys and start again....
Dealer job then by the sound of it, Ill have a ring round and see what they may charge, trouble is that round here there is not a decent pug dealer, thanks again to all who replied.
Olly

·
Registered
308cc 2009
8 Posts
I know how you feel.olly my 406 does the same everthing works but the remote control i wish i never changed the battery (car) and i have tried 3 different ways.
owners manual says to press button immediately after switching ignition on - only 1 press not for 10 seconds the car too is fine apart from the darn locking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
406 HDi fob problem

The big rubber button on the fob swelled-up and went squidgy. This only came to light when the exhausted coin cell had to be replaced. The red LED on the fob started flashing as soon as the fob was assembled hence one can surmise that the faulty fob had generated thousands of rolling-codes by the time that the old coin-cell was exhausted. Allegedly most rolling-code systems have a "window" of 256 codes. If the number of button presses exceeds this, the car and the fob go into No Speak Mode.

As to car owners who can still get in by using the key, they are SO LUCKY as my Hdi has Superlocking (AKA Deadlocking) With this the lock barrels turn OK but the doors don't open! Looks like the security system is designed to turn these vehicles into a scrap cars.:mad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts