Peugeot Forums banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Here are couple of BSI/ECU kits on eBay Australia. If your engine ECU matches one of these it should fit your car. I can't see the details of the BSI (fuse box) but if the ECU is the same as yours given that the BSI is matched to the ECU it should be the correct one. I suspect the second one (0281 017 865) would fit your car it's from a 2011 car as well. I suggest you speak to your local guy. A new key from a dealer will probably cost more than this. There are three things you should be aware of if you go down this path: The car's official VIN will not match with that stored in the BSI/ECU. The radio will not work (needs to have new VIN added using Diagbox). If the milage on the donor car is greater than your cars your milage will be reset to it.

PEUGEOT 4007 ECU ENGINE ECU, 2.2, DIESEL, 4HK, SEC SET (ECU/IMM/READER/KEY), GS, | eBay
You will see that the ECU has two key numbers:
Bosch No at the top 0281 017 866
P/N at the bottom 9666913780

PEUGEOT 4007 ECU ENGINE ECU, 2.2, DIESEL, 4HK, SEC SET (ECU/IMM/READER/KEY), GS, | eBay
You will see that the ECU has two key numbers:
Bosch No at the top 0281 017 865
P/N at the bottom 9666913980

·
Registered
514 Posts
The key I have at the moment has no chip in just the actual key so not sure id the above will work
The current Peugeot keys usually have a coil as in the example below (207 key) instead of the transponder chip. Once the key is programmed it can't be used on another car so I would be surprised if the locksmiths tried several PCBs. There was no point in them taking the PCB because once a programming attempt was made it is highly unlikely to work on another car.

·
Registered
514 Posts
4007 key, might be helpful to you, Ian.
View attachment 94450 View attachment 94451
Thanks RedSector that is interesting. The chip is not the standard Peugeot chip either. Peugeot Servicebox shows two diesels. The wiring diagrams for one looks like a typical Peugeot but the other one is as you posted looks a bit different so may have Mitsubishi electronics. This may explain why the locksmiths have a problem.

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
93 Posts
This being Mitsubishi/Peugeot hybrid, just thinking out loud here ...
Mitsubishi everything else with Bosch ECU (because the engine is Peugeot).

I think the big question is who training procedure works to clear and put a new key into the system ?

·
Registered
514 Posts
This being Mitsubishi/Peugeot hybrid, just thinking out loud here ...
Mitsubishi everything else with Bosch ECU (because the engine is Peugeot).

I think the big question is who training procedure works to clear and put a new key into the system ?
The interesting thing is that in one wiring diagram the ECU has the usual Peugeot ident "1320" but on the other it's "12--". I suspect the 1320 is the Bosch unit and the 12-- is a Mitsubishi unit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
So you just have an empty case with no PCB?
Yes the locksmith was rather nice and left me with that considering he couldn't get the car started and didn't charge me for the call out
Thanks RedSector that is interesting. The chip is not the standard Peugeot chip either. Peugeot Servicebox shows two diesels. The wiring diagrams for one looks like a typical Peugeot but the other one is as you posted looks a bit different so may have Mitsubishi electronics. This may explain why the locksmiths have a problem.
Sorry to sound silly but why would that be a problem for locksmiths and could I take this information to the locksmith

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yes the locksmith was rather nice and left me with that considering he couldn't get the car started and didn't charge me for the call out

Sorry to sound silly but why would that be a problem for locksmiths and could I take this information to the locksmith
The PCB in the photo of the 4007 key RedSection provided is quite different to those used in standard Peugeot keys. This key has a NXP7941 microprocessor IC (chip). The data sheet for this IC https://datasheet.datasheetarchive.com/originals/dk/DKDS-3/42849.pdf confirms that the black package is a coil which is quite different to the coil used in other Peugeot key fobs so may have a different resonant frequency. I think if the locksmith was trying to use a standard Peugeot key the car may not be able to connect to its transponder.

To add to the complication the 4007 appears to have a unique set of electronics which appears to be a mixture of Peugeot and Mitsubishi equipment. I think RedSection is correct, they appear to be using a Mitsubishi BSI with a Peugeot engine ECU (made by Bosch) but based on the wiring diagrams I suspect some 4007 diesels may have a Mitsubishi engine ECU. Peugeot immobiliser system usually relies on an interaction between the key's transponder and both the BSI and ECU. This could mean that there is more than one type of key for the 4007.

My conclusion form all this is that the 4007 may require a different key to that used on other Peugeots and Mitsubishis and there may be more than one key type depending on the engine type.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The PCB in the photo of the 4007 key RedSection provided is quite different to those used in standard Peugeot keys. This key has a NXP7941 microprocessor IC (chip). The data sheet for this IC https://datasheet.datasheetarchive.com/originals/dk/DKDS-3/42849.pdf confirms that the black package is a coil which is quite different to the coil used in other Peugeot key fobs so may have a different resonant frequency. I think if the locksmith was trying to use a standard Peugeot key the car may not be able to connect to its transponder.

To add to the complication the 4007 appears to have a unique set of electronics which appears to be a mixture of Peugeot and Mitsubishi equipment. I think RedSection is correct, they appear to be using a Mitsubishi BSI with a Peugeot engine ECU (made by Bosch) but based on the wiring diagrams I suspect some 4007 diesels may have a Mitsubishi engine ECU. Peugeot immobiliser system usually relies on an interaction between the key's transponder and both the BSI and ECU. This could mean that there is more than one type of key for the 4007.

My conclusion form all this is that the 4007 may require a different key to that used on other Peugeots and Mitsubishis and there may be more than one key type depending on the engine type.

You are all amazing for such great information my main question here now is would the best option be to bring the car to the dealer and thinking they would be aware of suck knowledge above ( have to get the car towed) ?or keep on trying with a auto locksmith ? Thanks again

·
Registered
514 Posts
You are all amazing for such great information my main question here now is would the best option be to bring the car to the dealer and thinking they would be aware of suck knowledge above ( have to get the car towed) ?or keep on trying with a auto locksmith ? Thanks again
I think you said there was a local garage that dealt with Peugeots. I suggest you contact them first. If they have a Peugeot diagnostic tool that is half the battle solved. They may be able to program a transponder chip, which would give you the basic key function without remote entry. I would show them the ECU BSI on offer from eBay. They should be able to check if one of them is compatible.

I found this link for a company that clearly understands the 4007. I don’t think they can help you because they clone your existing key but they are worth knowing about. The interesting thing is that on their website they show a basic key with two different types of transponder chip. The solid black chip on the right is a normal Peugeot transponder chip. I have never seen the other type before but it may be what you need. Peugeot 4007 compatible car key cut & transponder cloned in store

If all fails the dealer is the last option. They will be able to determine the right key for your car from the VIN and program a new key for you. They may need to order the right key. The dealer I used to use would order the parts in advance when there was a major service such as a timing belt change was booked in.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I did a bit more digging and as far as I can tell a 2011 4007 and Outlander should both work with the ID64 transponder chip. Hence, it should have been possible for the locksmiths to at least be able to program a key so it would start the car.

If your local guy has a Peugeot diagnostic tester he should be able go through the programming process step by step to see if the PIN is being accepted and then if a key has been programmed. The diagnostic tester will also tell you at what stage the immobiliser unlocking is failing if there another problem.

I suspect the key case you have already have has a clip in one corner to take a transponder chip and there is a good chance that your local guy may have a few ID64 chips in stock, a lot of cars use them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I did a bit more digging and as far as I can tell a 2011 4007 and Outlander should both work with the ID64 transponder chip. Hence, it should have been possible for the locksmiths to at least be able to program a key so it would start the car.

If your local guy has a Peugeot diagnostic tester he should be able go through the programming process step by step to see if the PIN is being accepted and then if a key has been programmed. The diagnostic tester will also tell you at what stage the immobiliser unlocking is failing if there another problem.

I suspect the key case you have already have has a clip in one corner to take a transponder chip and there is a good chance that your local guy may have a few ID64 chips in stock, a lot of cars use them.
My local mechanic is just a general mechanic not sure if we would stock ID64 chips etc The key I have from the locksmith has no chip in it so I gather the WA key company cant help I am thinking my only option is to get it towed to a expensive Melbourne leafy Peugeot suburb dealer and hope for the best

·
Registered
514 Posts
My local mechanic is just a general mechanic not sure if we would stock ID64 chips etc The key I have from the locksmith has no chip in it so I gather the WA key company cant help I am thinking my only option is to get it towed to a expensive Melbourne leafy Peugeot suburb dealer and hope for the best
Towing to a dealer would solve your problem but it will be expensive.

There is one other option and that is to buy your own Peugeot interface. The full chip set Chinese copies work well and come with the DiagBox software. They are not that expensive I paid about $US75 for mine. If this interests you have a look at this video it shows you how to program a Peugeot key

Getting a transponder chip is not a problem many car makes use the same transponder chip and you can buy them on eBay (BTW I transposed the numbers it should be ID46 there is no ID64):
id46 transponder chip | eBay

·
Registered
514 Posts
I just found something odd relating to the 4007 transponder that may be the cause the key problem.

Most ID46 transponder chips are the standard PCF7936 units. However, I found listings for both Peugeots and Mitsubishis and the odd thing is the PCF7936 is listed for the Overlander and many Peugeots but not for the 4007(and 3008). The listing suggests the 4007 needs the PCF7941. The PCF7941 does the same function as a PCF7936 but also has a EPROM. I think you can use a PCF7941 in place of PCF7936 but not the other way around.

I also see that the main processor chip in RedSector's key is labeled PCF7941 which means it must do the same transponder function a ID46 PCF7941 chip.

·
Registered
514 Posts
IAN does this catalogue help, it has listing for 4007.
CarDumps.Net - ECU Files & Pinout, Airbag Files, IMMO Stuff & Radio Decode and usefull information for automotive.

as
PHILIPS Crypto2 ID46, PCF 7961, JMA : TP12, TPX4, PCF 7941 from 2007 up
Yes that agrees with the listing I found and it looks like the PCF7941 is not available in simple chip form only as an IC on a PCB fob. The really odd thing is it looks like the PCF7936 works with the Outlander but not the 4007. A lot of key fobs only cover the standard PCF7936.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts