Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Peugeot 308sw 2.0Blue HDi GT 2016

This is a air filter that I took out of my car that had just been serviced. View attachment 83298
I have now fitted a K&N Air Filter I purchased car on Monday was told that it had been serviced book stamped from a Peugeot main dealer.I have sent them a email with photo.

·
Registered
888 Posts
This is normal look of air filter. Filter should be so dirty because it is its job. Filter should be changed not every servicing, but after 40-50 kkm, something like that, I can't remember right now what Peugeot said for our cars.
I believe there is no reason to complain.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Peugeot 308sw 2.0Blue HDi GT 2016

This is normal look of air filter. Filter should be so dirty because it is its job. Filter should be changed not every servicing, but after 40-50 kkm, something like that, I can't remember right now what Peugeot said for our cars.
I believe there is no reason to complain.
Hi think you got that wrong if a car has just been serviced the air filter would not look like that depending on what service was done I also checked engine oil level and that was not up to mark suggesting to me that all they done was stamp the book I was a fitter for many years so I do know what is what.The filter has been doing its job as that is why its so dirty.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It also depends on the service, if it's a full service, all filters should have been changed and liquids etc

Check the book first

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Are they not also supposed to do a "health check" at the same time, which should tell you the state of filters like that assuming they were not changed?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Air Filter 308 2.0 GT HDi 2016

Are they not also supposed to do a "health check" at the same time, which should tell you the state of filters like that assuming they were not changed?
Hi have been in touch with dealer and they apologised for not checking air filter and are going to reimburse me the cost of the K&N Filter that I fitted also supplied service schedule that they carried out not sure where car had been but looking at filter could have been in a field going by the debrit in it nice new filter fitted now will see what a difference it makes.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Interestingly I bought my present 308 at the start of April 2017 and had it serviced by the independent dealer who sold it.
A year later the service idicator came on and I eventually got it serviced by the local Peugeot dealer in June.
April now and service indicator has come on again. Presumably the Peugeot service didn't bother to reset the service indicator. It's done 9k miles in the 10 months since that service.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Presumably the Peugeot service didn't bother to reset the service indicator.
The same thing happened on my C5 when it was serviced. It's the same dealer that does Peugeot and Citroen here but I think they have separate workshops which, worryingly, means it's not uncommon.

·
Registered
96 Posts
So how much did they charge you for doing nothing to the car, because when I do a service, thats Spark plugs (petrol only obviously), air filter, cabin filter, oil and oil filter and top up coolant and screenwash.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I think mine was about £260. Fortunately they didn't bother with changing the brake fluid which Peugeot do mention every 2 years.
Incidentally I was told by the service guy in Robins & Day that they charged less for servicing after 3 years because they then had to compete more with independents. Mine was at about 2.5 years by then so he got a bit confused over the potential pricing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts