Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again!

Having thought I had solved my issues with my new Peugeot 308 SW 1.6HDI it seems I may still have some issues. I previously discovered that the clamp holding the turbo on was loose and the top turbo boost pipe was melted! I had black soot all over the engine and it looks like this had been the case for a while with this car. The response of the car is much better now the above has been fixed and it feels faster but when I drive it hard around 3-4RPM ( say overtaking a car ) it comes up with depollution system faulty and goes into limp mode. When I code it read, I get p0234 supercharger/turbocharger overboost condition. I have also had p1351 come up which I know is related to the glow plugs.

If I clear the codes and drive the car below 3RPM it seems to be ok.

Any other ideas what my issue could be?

Thanks again for you help in advance.

Ben

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi, dont know if youve sorted this yet, but on a jag i had ,the way they got around sticking tubo vanes(on forum) was to drill a hole in back of turbo and tap and fit a bolt in hole, they do this as the vanes are at the back of the turbo and not accessible or cleanable from front when hose detached, i did this, it was quite quick and easy, only extra thing i needed was a right angle chuck adaptor as access to rear of turbo in jag was tight, once you have bolt fitted you can remove it to squirt oven cleaner in to clean vanes, it worked for me on jag but i dont know if possible on your car depends on access to turbo.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After a new turbo and lots more money spent, my DPF had been deleted from my ECU, and had been partially removed. They had left half of the DPF in so this was totally blocked up with black soot and dust. The garage I took it to to change the turbo was also supposed to check if it was doing a re-gen on the DPF, they lied as they said it was all fine. They never checked it as it's been removed from the ECU :( Just waiting on the arrival of the new turbo but hoping this will be the end of my over boost errors..... Thanks for the help with this horrible problem :)

·
9,199 Posts
Sounds more like a bad remap is causing turbo spiking.

Blocked DPF or exhaust normally results in under boost due to turbo stalling from back pressure

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ben Straw

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds more like a bad remap is causing turbo spiking.

Blocked DPF or exhaust normally results in under boost due to turbo stalling from back pressure

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
Hi Windy, I've had lots of overboost errors not underboost. Would a blocked DPF cause that error ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts