Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I would like to know a bit more about key fobs. I just got a 2013 Pug 308, 1.6 HDI, 4C, 92 Bhp.
It only comes with one key.
I had before a Pug 207, until someone come to the side of it with 2 keys. So the car was scrapped and I kept the spare key.
I looked on ebay for spare key, as I had the software to program it. There is where is the confusion.
In the general forum I found about ASK (P/N 31300248-9D), that my old 207 key is.
I checked my 308 key and the details are different. E33C1002, 1293 94V, 5212 Fuba 1 (Or Tuba1).
But if you look on ebay they sell the old 207 key for 308s too.
Any locksmiths or experts on the key fobs who can answer me the question?
Are 207 and 307 sharing keys? or Peugeot around 2013 changed the keys?

Thanks in Advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
You cannot reprogramme a Peugeot key to another car. Once a new key is programmed, it is only usable on the original car.

Some Peugeot models had a technology change during the car's production, which is why you will find different keys for the same model. Because the different factories did not change over on precisely the same date, the only way to be sure which key is required is to match the key you have, or find the Peugeot part number from the VIN.

Do not rely on information provided by Ebay sellers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
New Key

Hi Guys

I have got a new key, Remote Key Fob 434MHZ PCF7941 Chip 2-Button HU83 Blade For Peugeot Citroen, CE0523. The one with the battery on the transponder panel.
I have programmed the 2 keys, old and new with DIAG and it worked fine as to start the engine.
Then both keys started the engine but did not lock/unlock the doors. I follow the instructions:
Put in ignition, turn to + (not start engine), wait 10sec, press the lock button etc... for both keys.
I also started the programming of the keys again, DIAG say 2 keys programmed.
The old key start working and lock/unlock the doors.
New key start the engine, but not lock/unlock the doors.

Can someone confirm if this is the correct key for Peugeot 308, 2013 Year, 1.6 HDI?

Any advise?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
As I previously told you, you cannot determine the correct key from the year. If you quote the last eight digits of your VIN, we can look up the correct Peugeot part number.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New Key done easy and cheap

Hi

Just to let you know my progress. Thanks to Ian, who provide the part number of the key for my car I have sorted out a second key for under £15 pounds including the blade cutting.
The first key that I ordered had the correct immobiliser chip but the wrong frequency chip. It costed me £20 to cut the blade.
It took me over 2 weeks to work out the correct combination for the key using the part number. But after that I was able to order a new key (case, blade and board) for £8 and the same seller was offering blade cutting for £3.20.
Then I seen another seller at Aliexpress that had the same board on 2 different versions. ASK and FSK. So I ordered one of these for £8 and arrived today.
Configured in the car and is working perfect including the fob opening and closing the car.

When I start this thread it was because I could not understand how the remotes work. So below (an IDIOT's guide, like me :lol:) of what I learned with the help of members here, like IAN, and what I found from Google and what I took the bite and tried my self.

In my case there are few combinations for 308 keys:

1) C0523 (with the battery on the board, mine) or
C0536 (the battery in the plastic Key case)
2) HU83 blade with the groove on the side, or
VA2 blade with no groove
4) Immobiliser Chip, in my case ID46
5) Frequency chip, FSK (in my Case), or
ASK for other models, for remote opening/closing
the doors.
That was the one I could not find in the forums. But with the part number that Ian provided I confirmed at one of the websites that was providing the key for £80.
Seller "jingyuqin" at AliExpress, provides key cutting from a picture, you dont even need the code(but you need the code to configure the key), for £3.20. But he does not have the FSK I needed.
"QCONTROL 2 Buttons Car Remote Key Fit for PEUGEOT 207 307 308 407 807 Expert Partner CC SW (CE0523 ASK/FSK, HU83)" has the correct key but they dont do key cutting service.
Also "Car Remote Key PCB 433MHz ID46 chip for PEUGEOT and Citroen (CE0523 ASK/FSK)" provide the board only.

If anybody needs help to get a new key they can ask me and I maybe be able to help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello.

I'm looking for a replacement remote key for a 05/2008 Peugeot 308 SW.
The key has 3 buttons, CE0536 shell and HU83 blade.
The electronics are made by Eurocir.
PCI 29 | 31300226-8C - is this a part number?

How can I find out if the signal modulation I need is FSK or ASK?

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
If you look up the Peugeot part no on Service Box (or post the last eight of your VIN), that will enable the correct key to be identified.

A car locksmith should be able to do that, and provide the key, plus programming it. Whatever you do, do not buy a 2nd hand key. Peugeot keys, once programmed, cannot be reprogrammed to another car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Keys

Hello.

I'm looking for a replacement remote key for a 05/2008 Peugeot 308 SW.
The key has 3 buttons, CE0536 shell and HU83 blade.
The electronics are made by Eurocir.
PCI 29 | 31300226-8C - is this a part number?

How can I find out if the signal modulation I need is FSK or ASK?
Check in the beginning of the post, IANML has helped me, I had to give him my VIN number. He gave me the part number.
Then after searching for 2 weeks, I manage to find a site that was giving the FSK part.
Easier way is get one key from Aliexpress, and then if it does not working then you can get just the board. Is one person that offers key cutting service from a picture for £3.21. I had to pay £20 just for key cut in UK.
If I was you I would get the FSK first.
You looking that a UK locksmith would charge you £110-£180 for a key cut and configured.
Alliexpres, you get a key for £15 with cut blade, and if the FSK/ASK part in not right, then you get the board only for £8.
So you have a key for about £20-25 instead of £100s. But you need to have the software and cable to configure the new key.

·
Registered
6 Posts
IanML already pointed me in the right direction to buy an original remote. But like you, I'm looking for a cheaper alternative.

I still don't know for sure what type of signal my remote is using, but now I have other questions:
- Are there any differences in the immobilizer chips? I think that I need the ID46 chip
- But I've seen different offers with ID46 chips. Some are PCF7941 and some are PCF7961. Will both start the car and enable the remote functions?

·
Registered
96 Posts
IanML already pointed me in the right direction to buy an original remote. But like you, I'm looking for a cheaper alternative.

I still don't know for sure what type of signal my remote is using, but now I have other questions:
- Are there any differences in the immobilizer chips? I think that I need the ID46 chip
- But I've seen different offers with ID46 chips. Some are PCF7941 and some are PCF7961. Will both start the car and enable the remote functions?
I just brought a key off ebay, listed as UK stock but the seller was listed as China, it took about a week to come, I got it cut without programming at a local mechanic, I just told him I want to use it for the fuel cap as its a bit stiff and worried about snapping the original key in the fuel cap, the cut cost me £6, the key cost me £7.79 and thankfully my mech knows a guy who programs them for £30 cash if you have the code, I still have the scratch and sniff credit card thing with my 4 digit code on it, he did mine, it works perfectly, the central locking buttons you just program yourself in the ignition, total cost for a new working key £43.79 vs Peugeot's £180+

The only thing I picked up on whilst looking for a spare key was there is 2 different types of blades with these keys, HU83 (2 slits down the side of the blade) and VA - (just a plain flat blade), make sure you get the right one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223311977460

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
I'm a vehicle locksmith

Right here goes,
1 you can not reprogram Peugeot/Citroen keys to another vehicle as once programmed the chip in the key locks up, if you are programming a second key you have to program all keys at same time. If you only program new key it would delete all old keys but then if you program all the keys back to the same vehicle again then they will work. YOU CAN NOT PROGRAM THEM AGAIN TO ANOTHER VEHICLE WITHOUT UNLOCKING THE CHIP IN THE KEY!

2. The chip in the key can be unlocked with the right knowledge and equipment. Once unlock it can be used as a new key again.

3. Some part numbers are same key inside.
You have these
Fsk
Ask
Va2/va6
Hu83
2 button
3 button
Middle button light pic
Middle button book pic
Different off chip on pcb

They are what make up all the key part numbers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just leaving a late update: I ended up ordering an ASK key fob. After programming, everything was working as it should. Thanks for the help. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
As I previously told you, you cannot determine the correct key from the year. If you quote the last eight digits of your VIN, we can look up the correct Peugeot part number.
Please can you help me, I need remote key part number for my 3008, last 8 digits of my VIN is CS228158.
It would be so helpful for me, THANKS
My best regards
Sasa

1 - 20 of 28 Posts