Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

i have Peugeot 308 2010 and i bought aux cable from Aliexpress and i opened the stereo and added the cable, but nothing happened there , i just cant find the aux source, all the sources are in the stereo are still the same.

i have read somewhere that in some cars the aux port must be activated/enabled in the company or somewhere somehow first. so i was wondering if that's what i have to do or there's some other problem( I searched everything in the options i don't have any option like this) .

thanks,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
You need to activate the AUX 1 or AUX 2 port with Planet Peugeot 2000 to be able to select this as a source.
Thanks for that but can you please explain a little bit for me what peugeot planet 2000 is and how to do that ?
Is it something that i can do with my own or i need a tech' to do that for me?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi

i have Peugeot 308 2010 and i bought aux cable from Aliexpress and i opened the stereo and added the cable, but nothing happened there , i just cant find the aux source, all the sources are in the stereo are still the same.

i have read somewhere that in some cars the aux port must be activated/enabled in the company or somewhere somehow first. so i was wondering if that's what i have to do or there's some other problem( I searched everything in the options i don't have any option like this) .

thanks,
Hi not sure if you radio is the same as mine but can't you cycle the source from the menu button

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

thanks,
Hi not sure if you radio is the same as mine but can't you cycle the source from the menu button
I wish it was that simple mate.
Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for that but can you please explain a little bit for me what peugeot planet 2000 is and how to do that ?
Is it something that i can do with my own or i need a tech' to do that for me?
PP2000 is a software that is used by the main dealer tolock/umlock certain features in your car.

You could purchase a copy one from Aliexpress and other places, or you cold get in touch with someone on here who has PP already and can do the work for you.

There is a link somewhere with the map to people who have the software and are willing to work on cars.
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/peugeotforums-com-suggestions-help-49/peugeot-planet-members-location-map-based-7552/

Where are you located?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi. Thank you all for your help but i have everything done.
I went to the peugeot company, paid about 50$ to activate the aux port and its working.
Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually...the solution is very simple. Happened to me, and I have managed to find out why AUX could not be detected :lol:

This is because it is "by default" set to OFF. One has to go to the Radio, press the blue box with right arrow (means more options), which will get one in the Media Settings, tap on Settings, then tap on Media, slide the bar from Off to Low or High, and the AUX will now detect any audio input from MP3 player etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Actually...the solution is very simple. Happened to me, and I have managed to find out why AUX could not be detected :lol:

This is because it is "by default" set to OFF. One has to go to the Radio, press the blue box with right arrow (means more options), which will get one in the Media Settings, tap on Settings, then tap on Media, slide the bar from Off to Low or High, and the AUX will now detect any audio input from MP3 player etc.
Hopefully Nourzek's dealer didn't do just that and charged him $50.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts

That may be the case IF aux had been a factory fitted option but seeing as he had to fit his own aftermarket cable it is highly probable that the aux source option wasn't factory enabled.

·
Registered
5 Posts
what blue box?

this is my radio (took image from google as i cant post pic of mine, mine obvs doesn't have "mp3" written on it, but is exactly the same other wise)

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I guess he's talking about a newer system with a large screen. My 308 has factory aux but it wasn't showing as an input option. I eventually found it by pressing the music button (RNEG system with satnav) and Aux was listed there with a checkbox. Had to select it to check the box and Aux appeared in the list of input sources.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I guess he's talking about a newer system with a large screen. My 308 has factory aux but it wasn't showing as an input option. I eventually found it by pressing the music button (RNEG system with satnav) and Aux was listed there with a checkbox. Had to select it to check the box and Aux appeared in the list of input sources.
do you mean you pressed ♫ symbol shown in my pic?

·
Registered
5 Posts
no probs

so can anyone help me with my radio setup here, 2009 Peugeot 208 Diesel

(i am still yet to look where to put the cable too but presume its there in glovebox?)

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Take it I have to go to a pug garage to enable AUX then?
Not really, many members have the dealer level diagnostic kit and would do it for a few beer tokens. Look at the map and find someone near to you who is willing to help out.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/off-topic-3/need-20-posts-before-pm-72601/#post459593

1 - 18 of 18 Posts