Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my key fob only activates door lock etc when im in the car... outside nothing works... changed the battery using different brands but no joy.
Had CV joint changed recently, that being only work done.
Key hasn't worked since... heavy frosts at same time !!!.
tried reset according to manual but no joy... anyone got any ideas ??

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Could it be the door sensors dodgy have you tried locking the drivers door by the key then try to unlock it with the fob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Either the fob transmitter is low on power, or the antenna in the car is low on sensitivity. Do you have a spare key to try?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
its the key, sometimes i can fix the keys sometimes it dont work but 100% a new key will work as come across it loads of time (im a vehicle locksmith)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its the key, sometimes i can fix the keys sometimes it dont work but 100% a new key will work as come across it loads of time (im a vehicle locksmith)

hi, thanks for your reply... when you say it's the key that's at fault... do you mean the actual key or the fob ?...
hugh

·
Registered
4,779 Posts

hi, thanks for your reply... when you say it's the key that's at fault... do you mean the actual key or the fob ?...
hugh
It's the pcb inside the key so if you call that a fob then yes it's the fob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts