Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I’m new to this forum, having picked up a 66 plate Peugeot 308 GT line in pearl white Friday just gone..

I’m giving the hubs and calipers a lick of paint to make them look cleaner as there’s slight surface rust on them..

The problem is I’ve done the rears no problem. I have come to do the fronts wheels and I’m having trouble finding a location to jack up and axle stand each side..

Can someone give me the exact locations to do so? There’s a plastic undertray covered majority of the front end of the car so it’s making it hard to actually find somewhere to put the jack / axel stands

Can’t find anything anywhere on the internet

Thanks
Connor Bracegirdle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Have only every jacked mine up once and that was using the supplied jack and the jacking points on the sills so not really much help for you if you want to jack the front of the car. Suppose you could jack it up at the side and do one wheel at a time :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have only every jacked mine up once and that was using the supplied jack and the jacking points on the sills so not really much help for you if you want to jack the front of the car. Suppose you could jack it up at the side and do one wheel at a time :)

I did jack it up using my trolley jack there the other day but it looks so dodgy , I’d hate to have to use the supplied jack on that point at the side of the road, that jacking point metal looks so flimsy as if it’s gunna cave in.

There’s 2 beams along the length of the car which look promising to position the axle stands, last thing I want is it going through my floor though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I've used the jacking points several times with no problems.
Can't remember and it's dark and raining at the moment, but can you get to the anti roll bar bushes at the front? They are solid points.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone manage to find a solution? I tried lifting the car slightly using the jack up point at the front and it bent so not safe to use it anymore I'd say. Need some suggestions on how to lift it to change the break discs and pads.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
The supplied jack is for changing a wheel in an emergency only - you shouldn't use it for maintenance purposes like replacing brake components.

Last time I had all 4 wheels removed on my 308 I borrowed the scissor ramp at my mates garage that lifts under the sills at the manufacturers jacking points.

·
Registered
978 Posts
The ones I bought (I obviously didn't do my research properly!) didn't have a deep enough slot. Make sure you get the right depth.

The outside diameter was also wrong and really needed about a centimetre or so taking off to fit in the cup recess of the trolley jack.

·
Registered
18 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts