Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am a 308 GTI 250 owner and I stumbled on this thread today - I had previously asked for a sub folder for the new 308 GTI about 3 months ago but nothing happened - can someone help me by having both the 250 and the 270 models included in this sub folder ? - also how do you find this sub folder from the main menu as it does not seem to appear on mine? Any help with this will be much appreciated!

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
There isn't a sub-forum in the 308 section. If there was a seperate sub-forum for every BHP / engine / trim level in each model then it would result in a very large & difficult to navigate index. A seperate sub-forum only makes sense when there are significant changes that differentiate a new model from the existing one i.e. the 2014 308 is not the same as the pre 2024 version, likewise with the new 3008.

Apart from maybe some styling changes i.e. wheel rims etc and more bhp, what makes the 250/270 significantly different to other hp levels in the model ?

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Nope, That is merely a post in the 308 2014+ forum. The new 308 is significantly different from the original as to make it a different car with the same name. A lot of what is relevant to the new 308 has no bearing on the original so it got it's own forum. There is not a seperate sub forum for the 270 BHP. The link is nothing more than a thread in the 308(2014+) forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am posting a reply in the hope that other owners of the GTI 250 and 270 models may wish to share their experiences of their cars with me - for example were you aware that the annual service includes a change of spark plugs and that I was quoted £288 for the first service by a main dealer?

Apart from that I am delighted with my car!

Any feedback will be welcome!

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
No I did not know that but that's because I have the older style 308.

Not sure what you mean regarding posting as a reply as this is a completely new thread and not really a reply to any other thread.

You could start a new thread titled something like Share your experience of the new 308 GTI 250 / 270 and if it gets a lot of responses we could make it a sticky so it stays near the top of that particular forum section.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I didn't know about the plugs, but it seems possible for a performance car even if the plugs are probably good for twice the mileage. Mine will be due a service soon so it's nice to know.

Personally I would start a new thread for a new topic or question with a GTi rather than just keep posting lots of different matters about GTis in one single thread. If you include "GTi" in the title then other GTi owners will pick up on it. Plus you get the benefit of other 308 owner contributions where relevent. It's unlikely they will travel a GTi thread for random issues.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hello and thanks for your reply - yes the costs of the first service was a bit of a shock until I was told that if I signed up for a maintenance contract with PSA it could be backdated and the monthly payments are just over £12 so naturally I signed up for it as it works out a lot cheaper to say the least

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am posting a reply in the hope that other owners of the GTI 250 and 270 models may wish to share their experiences of their cars with me - for example were you aware that the annual service includes a change of spark plugs and that I was quoted £288 for the first service by a main dealer?

Apart from that I am delighted with my car!

Any feedback will be welcome!

Damn first time someone told me about that. Thanks for the headsup!

·
Registered
186 Posts
It does say in the service schedule whats required, wait till you find out you need brake fluid changes every 2 years, its a killer lol. Spark plugs are cheap enough and only available from Peugeot, about £16 each, its the brake discs and pads you want to be concerned about, thats £1600 to replace the Alcons and pads :eek: and being an R owner, the servicing isnt expensive, you want expensive then buy a Subaru lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts