Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was hoping someone could help me with my 308 1.6ltr turbo. Every cold start comes up with a depollution fault and goes into limp mode. Been at my mechanic who’s never let me down before but can’t find the issue. Found fuel pressure bit low so changed low pressure fuel pump, changed 4 coils, sent off injectors to be tested and cleaned and are all ok. Also found a lot of engine sludge and used some cleaner to remove it and manually cleaned it up pretty good as well. Still comes up with depollution fault??? Now he is thinking high pressure pump as well. Apparently cold start the fuel pressure should be 5000kpa but is around 4600kpa. Is that low enough to cause the fault or is it something totally different? Cars only done 108,000kms and serviced every 10,000. Any help would be appreciated.

·
2,608 Posts
Hi...i've moved your thread to the '308' forum but you did'nt mention the year...you will get specific answers here...but let me know if the year is wrong...welcome btw..

·
Registered
14,928 Posts
Depollution/antipollution fault is not an actual fault it is a message telling you something is wrong that MAY cause pollution.

If your talking THP type engine there are many reasons for this its not always a fuel issue it can also be a airflow issue low boost etc or a timing issue they are complicated engines with many potential issues you need someone who KNOWS the engines.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You need to find someone with peugeot planet near you who can read the code for you and then take it from there.

By saying about km and not miles, I assume you are not in the UK?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No not in the UK from Australia pal. Peugeots not so popular down here mechanics bit unsure on how to diagnose this issue. Apparently got the best diagnostic tools but codes tell you a misfire fault not specifically whats causing it. Bloody frustrating 🤬🤬🤬

·
Registered
96 Posts
You can buy the peugeot planet software and cables from the internet yourself as long as you have a laptop to install it on.

Then you can read the codes better.

Problem with non peugeot code readers is that they give you a generic meaning and wouldn't necessarily make sense.

I assume when the depolution message comes up, the engine management light also comes on? The orange engine light in the dash? Does it stay on?

WHat happens once the engine is up to temperature. If you turn it off and back on, does the light go out and no message comes up and car runs ok?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Peugeot 308 Anti pollution fault

Hi Nariman, when the engine is cold and you start it runs rough as guts then anti pollution message pops up and car goes intonlimp mode. If i turn off the engine and start her up again runs fine??? I do have a laptop car currently still at mechanics has them baffled

1 - 10 of 10 Posts