Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have Peugeot 308 CC, diesel 2.0 HDI 140 HP FAP.

I bought it recently, so this could be carried over from a previous owner, but he never told me about the issue. Occasionally, when I start the car it just stalls, pressing the gas pedal (on a second start) will fix this, but this is just a temporary solution. Sometimes it stalls immediately after a start and I have to hold the gas pedal for a bit until it decides to.. Not stall? (This happens rarely, but might be useful information). I never get an error code on this, so I have no idea what to even consider. If the car starts properly, there's really no issues with it whatsoever, but this is really bugging me and it's a scary thought it might get worse eventually..

Doesn't matter if the engine is cold or hot, had this happen on both occasions. Sometimes I stop at the gas station (after a long drive), fill the car and on a start, it stalls.

I had a fuel pressure regulator changed recently (due to a different issue which is now resolved), that didn't help. I had the car mechanic that changed this, also test my fuel injectors and he said he went through the whole "fuel system" and there was nothing wrong with it.

Any thoughts, ideas, would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks!

·
9,857 Posts
E-HDI is stop start. Did he change fuel filter.

If no codes logged i always check crank sensor and it connector/wiring as its a common cause of low RPM stalling and random cutting out

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dumi

·
Registered
5 Posts
Windy seems right. :)
Check this response on this forum on a timing chain issue...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
E-HDI is stop start. Did he change fuel filter.

If no codes logged i always check crank sensor and it connector/wiring as its a common cause of low RPM stalling and random cutting out

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
I had my fuel filter changed about.... 3000-4000km ago? Or in time wise 4 months ago? I tend to service a car whenever I buy it and keep up with the oil change every 10k km after that.

Crank sensor, haven't thought of that. Can I check that myself or would I have to take my car to the mechanic and ask for it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had my fuel filter changed about.... 3000-4000km ago? Or in time wise 4 months ago? I tend to service a car whenever I buy it and keep up with the oil change every 10k km after that.

Crank sensor, haven't thought of that. Can I check that myself or would I have to take my car to the mechanic and ask for it?
Were you able to get the problem solved?
There are youtube videos on crank position and cleaning.But seems placed in bit awkward places for some engines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts