Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi
I am having a run of bad luck
At the beginning of February I bought a 2008 on 15 plate it had major problems so the dealer took the car back and we then got our first 308 on 15 plate 34000 miles model as title.
after having the car for a week my wife said there was a nose when put into reverse driving forward was perfect but when in reverse as you went back there was a knock it done this on lock left and right.
To me it seamed as if there was a loose break pad, they came out in the car with me and said its not right and we booked it in for tests they came back after2 weeks and said it was the front shocks and replaced them.
Why they done this we had a hire 308 GT line 1.6 no nose at all. I collected the car and seamed ok then after a couple of miles the nose came back.
I told them and again we decided to change the car for a 308 65 plate 26000 miles same model.
This has the same problem only in reverse I just wont a car to call my own but this is not happening and am about to take it back yet again, they no about it and said they will contact service to see if any recalls about it but after 5 days not come back to me so hope someone here can help before I blow a gadget at the dealer who is a Peugeot dealer not back street garage.
please can anyone help Tony

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Does it have the robotised manual gearbox? If so I suspect that it will take some work to cure, it maybe a characteristic you have to live with.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi
I am having a run of bad luck
At the beginning of February I bought a 2008 on 15 plate it had major problems so the dealer took the car back and we then got our first 308 on 15 plate 34000 miles model as title.
after having the car for a week my wife said there was a nose when put into reverse driving forward was perfect but when in reverse as you went back there was a knock it done this on lock left and right.
To me it seamed as if there was a loose break pad, they came out in the car with me and said its not right and we booked it in for tests they came back after2 weeks and said it was the front shocks and replaced them.
Why they done this we had a hire 308 GT line 1.6 no nose at all. I collected the car and seamed ok then after a couple of miles the nose came back.
I told them and again we decided to change the car for a 308 65 plate 26000 miles same model.
This has the same problem only in reverse I just wont a car to call my own but this is not happening and am about to take it back yet again, they no about it and said they will contact service to see if any recalls about it but after 5 days not come back to me so hope someone here can help before I blow a gadget at the dealer who is a Peugeot dealer not back street garage.
please can anyone help Tony
There should be locking thing around the breakepad, If NOT There When reversing the brakepad Will hit the caliber.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
Thank you for coming back to me its the auto box and they had it for a week the first one they check breaks ect but then told me that its one of them things they don't no the answer to

1 - 4 of 4 Posts