Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Chinese head unit called the 'Road King'. couldn't resist the price tag. I wanted to know does anyone know what size cage I will need to fit it. Also I have an ISO adapter but the unit has support for steering stalk controls but I don't know how to connect his to my car. All the adapters available seem to be brand specific but as my unit is generic I'm not sure what to do.

Info on the unit can be found by google search "road king gps".
Sorry this is my first post so I can't post links.

Any help is much appreciated as I have googled for days and not really come up with much solid information.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Firstly as far as cages go, you shouldn't need one if it doesn't come with one, it'll probably be a standard double din fitment.

If the 308 is anything like the 307 then you may need to cut out the bit in between. Not 100% on this.

The steering controls are not a guarantee as 308's use BSI and its not straight forward like old stalk controls so it may not work.

I'd say you're best off waiting for the unit to get to you first as with only being able to see ads and the like its really difficult to answer these questions specifically

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
Thought I would post this message for anyone interested in buying one of the Chinese after market head units out there.
I purchased said unit from Hong Kong for my 308 which arrived this week. The info says it is plug and play so was going to fit myself. Anyway when I saw the amount of wires I decided to get outside help. After talking to staff at Halfords I let them have the car and box.
Got a phone call from store just 25 minutes later to tell me it was fitted and all set up and working. The facia is a work of art fit and colour match are perfect to the 308. The IGO map system is a joy, just set it to your own likes. Radio superb. Bluetooth takes 20 seconds to pair with your phone and you can pair 5 different phones to it. DVD player is excellent with full control. Ipod plugged in and and paired in a second, you dont need to use because all controls are on main touch screen. Spare micro sd slot in front panel also front usb to take memory stick. Spoilt for choice with inputs. Anyway forget it only costs £340 because this is a class unit. Anymore information about it please email me.
Regards Peter

·
Registered
2 Posts
Head Unit

i can probably guess it was QualirGPSDVD or something along those lines...i got one for a ford focus....stunning...still finding new features.... im going to hack mine in attempt to re-make the interface and add features....

a link to their site is on this thread:

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/audio-sound-multimedia-8/307-headunit-mfd-upgrade-17341/
Hi Rob,
The unit I bought is an ETO. It does sound like they are similar, I have just returned from a two week trip to Scotland and everything performed perfectly and like you found new features on the sat-nav. I baulked for a long time on the purchase but so glad I went this route in the end, well pleased.
Peter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.