Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have water on the carpet. Driver and passenger. Water appears only in warm weather. It's water from air conditioning. Where is the problem? Peugeot 308 sw II 2014 2.0 hdi. Thank you.

·
Registered
403 Posts
There is a known issue with evaporator box. Seal is bad. You can order "repair kit" which you have to put on the evaporator to tighten it, or you can buy some quality silicone which can be used with plastic and put it on the bottom of the box to stop the leak (I did this to stop it on my brothers 308).

Part number from Peugeot is 98 273 324 80.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Repair kit is official solution from Peugeot, so I guess it should be better. At the time, I didn't know about their solution and I fixed it myself with silicone.

Later, when I bought TSB's for my VIN, I discovered their solution.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Beautiful! Found some water myself on the carpet of my 2015 GT in these warm summer days and was wondering.

Thank you for this info!!!

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Water again. The problem is red. Will silicone help?
Hello,
I joined this group as I was also getting water in the same place.
I found the solution by chance after checking the drain was working and confirming it was not leaking from the condensor cover.
My leak is from the same place as your photo.
What I believe is happening is that the water is pooling (as it should) in the condensor cover before it goes out the drain. Some water can tip into the adjacent area (as in your photo) when you are travelling up a hill or parked on an incline.
The water than gets caught has nowhere to go and slowly leaks out.
Its a bit of a design flaw although I have long had a funny smell in my Camry that comes from the aircon that I now suspect comes from the same cause.
Does that make sense?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts