Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

First of all, a big shoutout to the door trim removal guide @PaulMillard on this forum. Just upgraded my speakers in the front to Pioneer TS171-C and it couldn`t have gone smoother. Also used sound deafening mats from Ground Zero which I can strongly recommend when upgrading to any speaker. I register that some people didn´t fully recommed this Pioneer-set to the car, but complementing with the mats I believe it is really good value for money. (Cost me about 200 GBP with speakers and 40x sheets of GZ mats) Clear sound, with some kick to it, but obviously lack som lower frequence.

However, since I´ve already started this speaker-project, I want to look for an installment of a subwoofer as well.

I know there is some space under the rear seat, and I wonder if anyone of you have some experience and maybe a recommendation for a small sub that would easily fit in there? Don´t want to remove space from my luggage room and I do not need anything big, just a component to fill out the lower frequency which the Pioneer-set can´t handle.

Secondly, I was also hoping that some of you would have a recommendation on an amp to supply the subwoofer, if needed.

Thirdly, I´ve also heard some rumours that you could steal the signal from the rear speakers, using a crossover in order for less cabling and confusion for the head unit in the car and since I have no clue I was hoping that maybe some of you know if this is possible?

All the best,
P.Jakobsen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which TS-171C?
My bad, Pioneer TS-Q171C.
Beware that the only "issue" (if you can call it a issue) is that the installation holes in the componet doesn´t correspond with the ones in the door. It lacks 1-2 cm. I just used a small drill and it works superb.

·
Registered
888 Posts
My bad, Pioneer TS-Q171C.
Beware that the only "issue" (if you can call it a issue) is that the installation holes in the componet doesn´t correspond with the ones in the door. It lacks 1-2 cm. I just used a small drill and it works superb.
Yes, I know that. I'll tried these in my car and leave tweeters in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts