Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove my 308 0.5 mile down the road and it cut out and would not start again, after getting the car towed home I checked the fuel pipes at the filter housing and there was no fuel coming from the tank when turning the key, while checking the electrics on the tank fuel pump with a bulb tester I couldn’t get a current, what would the problem be ?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I’d check again with a volt meter at the connector if you are sure you have no power getting to lift pump then I would check the life of the fuel pump relay if this is good then you more than likely have a wiring fault that will need to be traced.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does but the fuel pump in the tank is not pumping the fuel to the engine, cannot find an electric current on the wiring connection, so I was wondering was it a relay problem or ecu problem, I checked the 30A fuse and it was fine

·
6,451 Posts
If it has a primer pump then there is no low pressure pump in the tank. Check the fuel pipes for rubbing on the engine letting in air

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is a pump in the tank located under the rear seat, I can find the 30A fuse but I cannot find the relay

·
3,194 Posts
If it has a 'priming' bulb,there is no pump in the tank...the fitting on the tank probably has the external connections but no pump fitted,,,,as said before,check the fuel line for a wear hole as the high pressure pump is a 'suck and blow'unit so any fault in the fuel pipe will let air in....and no go......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Checked the fuel pipes and fuses, still none the wiser as to why I can’t hear the fuel pump when turning the ignition on, Would a high pressure pump failure be a cause of this problem ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
on further investigation
The starter is turning fast not engaging with engine cam shaft is not turning timing belt is intact but when car stopped I run it down through the gears and engine sounded normal just wondering what the problem could be why it has stopped and not starting ?

·
3,194 Posts
HI...when you say 'The starter is turning fast not engaging with engine cam shaft is not turning timing belt is intact '..are you saying the 'camshaft' is not turning..(thats at the top of the engine)..how have you checked that?...usually it the engine is turning faster than normal when 'cranking' the timing belt has been stripped of teeth and is not locked into the sprockets....you need to take off the belt cover and look at the belt when cranking....you have a stripped belt is my guess

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks sounds like it, I was just looking into the top of the timing belt cover, but il confirm more later

·
Registered
4 Posts
If the timing belt is good but the fuel is not coming, I think it's a fault from the BSM. Test the 30A fuse with a bulb tester to see if it lights up. If there is no light showing up, try feeding feeding it with +ve current from the battery while kicking the car. Someone can help you kick it while you feed the current.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I drove my 308 0.5 mile down the road and it cut out and would not start again, after getting the car towed home I checked the fuel pipes at the filter housing and there was no fuel coming from the tank when turning the key, while checking the electrics on the tank fuel pump with a bulb tester I couldn’t get a current, what would the problem be ?
Hi
I am in Egypt, and I face the same problem with my car 3008 and the maintenance team from Peugeot came and change the fuel pump and problem solved.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts