Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
On start up my 2016 308 GT Line Touch screen/Smeg unit Crashes after being on for 3 Mins then comes back on after 1 Min & repeats the process all over again. The DAB Radio & Sat Nav just go off- Crash & come back on all within 4-5 Mins, all while the Engines Running. While the Engine is off & I Turn on the Radio, the Unit goes into Eco Mode & knocks its self off again. I have tried updating the DAB list & cleansing the Sat Nav list & resetting to Factory to no avail, I can't cure this pain of a condition! Any Help that could be offered would be very much appreciated as I am not under any warranty with Peugeot.

Thanks

Jimi P

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
Sounds like the classic well reported BBC DAB radio bug.

Update the SMEG firmware to the latest version should fix it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like the classic well reported BBC DAB radio bug.

Update the SMEG firmware to the latest version should fix it.
Thank You Mr Lee. Would you be able to point me in the Right Direction for a Trustworthy Web Site where I can Download an up to date SMEG Firmware version for Free as, I have had a look & it says I am running on SMEG5.4.B.R8 CD: 26378 Dated: 01-12-15.
Any info much Appreciated,
Cheers.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thank You Mr Lee. Would you be able to point me in the Right Direction for a Trustworthy Web Site where I can Download an up to date SMEG Firmware version for Free as, I have had a look & it says I am running on SMEG5.4.B.R8 CD: 26378 Dated: 01-12-15.
Any info much Appreciated,
Cheers.
Read the SMEG sub forum topic which is pinned to the top of this 308 forum - the firmware is on page 1 or page 2 and the update procedure is on page 1 - use a FAT 32 USB stick, and 7-Zip to unzip the downloaded file and then copy the folders and files to a blank stick, insert into your USB port under the SMEG unit and the firmware is self-loading and update will auto start - it's all detailed in the update procedure - just ensure you dont have another USB stick installed in the 2nd USB port or anything else plugged in and you disable ECO mode so the car stays turned on during the update process.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Read the SMEG sub forum topic which is pinned to the top of this 308 forum - the firmware is on page 1 or page 2 and the update procedure is on page 1 - use a FAT 32 USB stick, and 7-Zip to unzip the downloaded file and then copy the folders and files to a blank stick, insert into your USB port under the SMEG unit and the firmware is self-loading and update will auto start - it's all detailed in the update procedure - just ensure you dont have another USB stick installed in the 2nd USB port or anything else plugged in and you disable ECO mode so the car stays turned on during the update process.
Thanks Forest. Just had a look. Do you know of a Link anywhere for the Latest 2021 Firmware as, in the Article on page 1, it does not mention any Links past Firmware SMEG5.4.B.R8 which unfortunately I already have installed- Bugged out with this Mad BBC DAB Virus. If not, cheers for Trying Mate.

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
Thanks Forest. Just had a look. Do you know of a Link anywhere for the Latest 2021 Firmware as, in the Article on page 1, it does not mention any Links past Firmware SMEG5.4.B.R8 which unfortunately I already have installed- Bugged out with this Mad BBC DAB Virus. If not, cheers for Trying Mate.
Its the PSA software which is the problem with DAB, if it was the BBC, then all other DAB radios would also suffer the problem. Only PSA SMEG systems are affected so far as I know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its the PSA software which is the problem with DAB, if it was the BBC, then all other DAB radios would also suffer the problem. Only PSA SMEG systems are affected so far as I know.
I see your point Brilec, thanks for the Heads up Mate.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does anybody know of an up to date link for JAVA GENERATOR for Map Keys please, as I cant get any Joy from the Old link on the 308 Board.
Thanks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Does anybody know of an up to date link for JAVA GENERATOR for Map Keys please, as I cant get any Joy from the Old link on the 308 Board.
Thanks.
The link should work - if you PM me your email address, I can send you the generator - you'll need to have JAVA installed on your PC and you may need to disable Edge as for some reason a few people have reported that the .jar extension gets associated with Edge which prevents it from working correctly. If you do PM me, depending on time, it may be late tomorrow night before i can send it you, alternatively if you send me your VIN number, i can generate it for you for the latest maps - see page 122 of the SMEG update topic for the links for the map and also for the generator

1 - 19 of 19 Posts