Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Peugeot recently broke down it was stuttering and stammering jerking up am down took it to a local garage but the mechanic said it sound like a bad injector but he was to busy so took it to another garage where another mechanic also said sounded like the injector was kicking up to much fuel but he would need to plug it into computer to confirm he said he could do for the next day and confirmed it was the number 3 injector so after agreeing to pay he ordered the part however when it arrived he fitred it but said the problem was still there I needed a new fuel pressure regulator so I got the part still the problem was not fixed after that the mechanic told me it needed a new fuel rail sensor that seemed to fix it for a day however broke down next day same issue

Took it Bk to garage and mechanic said it’s needs a new fuel pump I have spent nearly a thousand pounds and I’m starting to think the mechanic is just trying to get as much money out of me as possible the fuel pump he said would cost a 1000 I know nothin about cars other than how to drive them does this sound plausible or should I get my money an take my car else where ?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Sounds very unlikely. Seems less of a mechanic and more of a parts swapper. Proper diagnostics with live data would tell you more. I would get hold of the nearest member on here that has the Peugeot Planet diagnostics (see sticky intro thread).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts