Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, need some assistance please.

My sister is driving my peugeot 307sw, 2007 model. She noticed that the left bulb stopped working and she bought a complete new pair.
After 2 weeks the left bulb gone again and 3 days later, both stopped working.
She went to electrician and both bulbs are ok, but she dont have both main lights. Beam lights and others ok, just the main ones not working.
The garage recommended her to swap both headlamps, but each cost around 140 pound.
I am not convinced that we will need the entire headlamp, can someone clarify please? Those are basic bulbs, not xenon or other..

Thsnks very much,

Tiago

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
hi all, need some assistance please.

My sister is driving my peugeot 307sw, 2007 model. She noticed that the left bulb stopped working and she bought a complete new pair.
After 2 weeks the left bulb gone again and 3 days later, both stopped working.
She went to electrician and both bulbs are ok, but she dont have both main lights. Beam lights and others ok, just the main ones not working.
The garage recommended her to swap both headlamps, but each cost around 140 pound.
I am not convinced that we will need the entire headlamp, can someone clarify please? Those are basic bulbs, not xenon or other..

Thsnks very much,

Tiago
does the green light on the dash come on to say the lights are on

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does the green light on the dash come on to say the lights are on
Thank you trustme, I will ask my sister to verify, but the guy from Garage plugged some "spare headlamp" and it worked...!

I though a headlamp would be a "plastic thing" with eventually only some electronics for the regulation? The "indicators, etc work fine.

odd situation... having to spend 400quid on both headlamp modules?

Let me ask her and let you know.

Tiago

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Thank you trustme, I will ask my sister to verify, but the guy from Garage plugged some "spare headlamp" and it worked...!

I though a headlamp would be a "plastic thing" with eventually only some electronics for the regulation? The "indicators, etc work fine.

odd situation... having to spend 400quid on both headlamp modules?

Let me ask her and let you know.

Tiago
well if the guy plugged in a spare headlamp its defo the headlamp if you are sure you checked the bulbs (touching a bulb glass when putting it in can cause it to blow) why not get a used part or try ebay for a new one

·
Registered
174 Posts
I find it difficult to understand how changing the headlamps would rectify the problem as the headlamps are a passive item and the only part that light are the bulbs, so assuming that the mechanic tested the spare headlamps using the faulty vehicles bulbs/connections I would presume that they would work in the original headlamps, The mechanic might be looking for a buyer for his spare headlamps :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I find it difficult to understand how changing the headlamps would rectify the problem as the headlamps are a passive item and the only part that light are the bulbs, so assuming that the mechanic tested the spare headlamps using the faulty vehicles bulbs/connections I would presume that they would work in the original headlamps, The mechanic might be looking for a buyer for his spare headlamps :confused:

Thanks both, so I've verified with my sister, the "green light" in the panel works fine!

They checked the "bulbs" and they say they are working fine, in fact my sister replaced them 1 month ago (one stopped working after 2 weeks!!).

My little knowledge would tell me that the headlamp is indeed a passive item, eventually apart from the only controller it may have.
Unless the "electric" part that regulates the "vertical level of the light" is a part belonging to the headlamp (probably is), i can't see how come I need to replace the entire unit!

they may want to sell indeed. new they cost 190 euro each, used I am waiting for their price :(

any thoughts? (you can imagine that we can't use the car at night...) Ebay may be an option too..

thank you

·
Registered
174 Posts
Before you buy replacement headlights I would have an auto electrician to check why the original headlights are not working, cheaper than headlights.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Probably dodgy connectors on the bulbs. My 307 passenger side headlamp used to go out but came back on as soon as I touched the wires to the bulb. May be worth cutting a couple off a car in a scrapyard.

·
Registered
599 Posts
My H7 connectors burned down due to bad contacts. I cut them and replaced with normal spade connectors.

As no one said this yet, please check the fuses also. Inside the headlight there'es nothing between the bulb connector and the headlight connector. It's just a bit of cable.

You could check if energy is getting to the headlight loom.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check Fuses

I have a Peugeot 307 sw 2003, when I bought it the foglights (in the headlight unit) were not working, but all the other lights were, found out it was a fuse had gone, the lights system has different fuses for different functions, even though they are all contained in the same light unit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts