Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had any problems like this????

Our car has been in the main dealers for three weeks due to this error message, the turbo packs up once you reach 3,000 rpm.

The main dealers at first said it was the ECU unit replaced the part, gave us the car back and the next day same problem..they then said it was the high pressure fuel pump, still not resolved then they replaced the particulate filter and still the same problem.

Now peugeot are stumped as they do not know what is wrong any idea's on how to get this resolved????

·
Registered
862 Posts
openthebox said:
Has anyone else had any problems like this????

Our car has been in the main dealers for three weeks due to this error message, the turbo packs up once you reach 3,000 rpm.

The main dealers at first said it was the ECU unit replaced the part, gave us the car back and the next day same problem..they then said it was the high pressure fuel pump, still not resolved then they replaced the particulate filter and still the same problem.

Now peugeot are stumped as they do not know what is wrong any idea's on how to get this resolved????

Ask them to check the egr valve and the exhaust pressure sensor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
307sw depollution system faulty

Hi

Just writing to see if anyone has had a successful conclusion to getting this fault fixed. My 307 has just come back from being diagnostic tested with no obvious fault apparant. My symptom first started with the car faltering when accelerating. Checked air filter and added fuel cleaner to fuel tank. Faltering got steadily worse and was really noticeable when cruise control was selected, you could feel car surging then slowing, then depollution system fault appeared and lost turbo. Depollution fault cleared a couple of times and got turbo back by turning engine off and on again but is now permanetly on. Peugeot dealer not got a clue.
Please help!!!

·
Registered
862 Posts
leelincoln said:
Hi

Just writing to see if anyone has had a successful conclusion to getting this fault fixed. My 307 has just come back from being diagnostic tested with no obvious fault apparant. My symptom first started with the car faltering when accelerating. Checked air filter and added fuel cleaner to fuel tank. Faltering got steadily worse and was really noticeable when cruise control was selected, you could feel car surging then slowing, then depollution system fault appeared and lost turbo. Depollution fault cleared a couple of times and got turbo back by turning engine off and on again but is now permanetly on. Peugeot dealer not got a clue.
Please help!!!

did the dealer do a diagnostic? if so can you tell us what codes came up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
307 sw depollution system fault

Thanks for replying so soon moose,

Car was diagnostic tested but engineer never told me if he had any fail codes. Just told me he had found a loose connector which had fixed the fault. Depollution warning did disappear and car seemed to accelerate ok without faltering, but only for 3-4 miles and then same fault came back. It just feels like not enough fuel is getting to engine. When you accelerate hard the turbo kicks in as normal and it accelerates, but then it falters for a split second before accelerating again for a second then faltering again for another split second again and so on and so on. Car's going back for more diagnostic testing and I will ask for codes this time. Had this fault 2 years ago while car was under warranty, dealer was stumped and replaced a couple of sensors without success until finally they just changed the whole turbo assembly. Fault stayed away until now but I am not shelling out on a turbo on the off chance it fixes it again!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
p307 swdepolution system

hi just a quick thought on turbo problem, does it have moveable vanes in turbo as lots of other makes suffer with these vanes sticking and when turbo replaced you said it was ok. vw sharan ,ford galaxy to mention a few, if you get a DTC from your next diag check and it says turbo over boosting you can free off vanes rather than buy another turbo.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I actually have the same problem. I have a 307SW model2007.
The problem comes and goes always accompanied with strong engine vibrations and huge fluctuations in the RPM. Please advise on the conclusion as i don't understand it. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
DEpollution system fault.

I have just had this fault arise on my 06 307sw, i am in at the garage in a couple of hours, i will try to get the fault codes and post back on here with the diagnostic results.:nono:

·
Registered
239 Posts
1aquaman1 said:
I have just had this fault arise on my 06 307sw, i am in at the garage in a couple of hours, i will try to get the fault codes and post back on here with the diagnostic results.:nono:
movable vanes? am I missing something? the vanes are fixed in the turbo???

·
Registered
9 Posts
get all air hoses and air cooler checked from turbo, it could be a split only opening up under presure from the turbo.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm dealing with a depollution problem on 407sv right now, might be worth watching the thread on 407 forum in case I get it sorted, EGR valve now disabled (thanks pugbod that was a good call) but in the end I'll need codes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My depollution fault was finally fixed with a costly turbo replacement. Actual turbo was fine but a small sensor attached to it was faulty. Unfortunately this couldnt be replaced seperately and whole turbo unit had to be changed. After complaining that the turbo had been 2 yrs previously under warrenty, i got a 40% discount but was still pricey. New turbo only lasted 2 weeks before it failed for a different fault!!!!! Fingers crossed i finally got a good one!!! :) :) Car 5 yrs old now and on its 4th turbo!! Not good!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Peugeot 307 sw 1.6 HDI 110 2006
I have had the same problem for quite a while now i returned the car to the dealer who changed the "dpf ecu" which cleared the fault for a day. just last night i replaced a ac pipe which had blown. this morning when i went to the car and turned on the ignition to my surprise the fault had cleared i took the car for a test drive no faults occurred. i know its only been a day but i will keep you posted and fingers crossed :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently had problem with my 307, struggled to start the engine lately when the engine was cold. Was showing "depollution system faulty", reached a point where car would give off tonnes of smoke when it eventually started but when it came to driving it would not pick up any speed whatssoever until it had been driv for about 2mins when engine obviously warmed up, engine management light constantly on by this stage.

Talked with a friend who had similar problem and they wer told to take car for a steady drive along a motorway for example for bout 45mins in 4th gear, this produced 2500-3000rpm which in turn burned off excess carbon built up around some part of the engine which when cold, was causing the problems my car was having. Tried car this morning (day after my motorway drive) when engine was cold and don't think its ever started as good, engine management light off now also so this seems to have done trick :) . Hope this helps any1 with similar problem.

·
Registered
114 Posts
mharte86

thats what i have to do every 5000 miles or so to clear egr . i have started using millers ecomax last year car goes lot better in all gears and it keeps egr clean i have hdi 2lt 90hp so no dpf . danny

·
Registered
1 Posts
Conclusion?

Hi,

Did anyone get anywhere with this fault? I'm having this problem with my car now, and the mechanic has had the car for several days without giving me any news. Starting to get frustrated now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
same thing

second time in two years this warning has come up.
first time engine would not start leaving wife and two year old stranded 50 miles from home and no-one to pick up elder child from school.
finally fixed by battery change!
started again today, but going in for service in 2 days, so see what they say about it but in the meanwhile will try running in 4th on motorway.
mine is 307 SW petrol 1.6l, no turbo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
same thing

second time in two years this warning has come up on my 06 reg 307 SW petrol 1.6l, no turbo.
first time engine would not start leaving wife and two year old stranded 50 miles from home and no-one to pick up elder child from school.
finally fixed by battery change!
started again today, but going in for service in 2 days, so see what they say about it but in the meanwhile will try running in 4th on motorway.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts