Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 307sw 55plate had a message pop up and go away saying brake system faulty i hear a sort of hossing noise from passanger footwell when engine is off after 3 presses of brake noise goes and brakes firm up when car is started goes back to hissing noise when put in to drive brakes are back to normal any ideas of what fault it is and is it safe to drive or keep off road untill its fixed thankyou to anyone who is able to help

·
5,633 Posts
That sounds like normal servo action/noise. To trigger brake system fault normally it would be an ABS fault or low fluid level or faulty brake light switch.

You need to get codes read to be 100%

·
11,722 Posts
Hi i have a 307sw 55plate had a message pop up and go away saying brake system faulty i hear a sort of hossing noise from passanger footwell when engine is off after 3 presses of brake noise goes and brakes firm up when car is started goes back to hissing noise when put in to drive brakes are back to normal any ideas of what fault it is and is it safe to drive or keep off road untill its fixed thankyou to anyone who is able to help
I had this on a 2000 306, the brake servo had failed, it was a little rubber "bung" that had slipped out of place. There's a lot of documentation on pug306.net about it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi thanks guys and gibbo if you havent guessed already i was the one who emailed you the other day about this issue just awaiting reply from the fella who does the diagnostics in wirral thankyou

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can test servo quite easily by pumping pedal until hard keep foot on pedal and start engine pedal should drop almost immediately to where it usually is.
My 307 cc has just suffered hard brake pedal in mornings it turns out it was the small one way valve on the servo £12 later brakes work.
The hissing sound is normal its the servo working.

·
11,722 Posts
Hi thanks guys and gibbo if you havent guessed already i was the one who emailed you the other day about this issue just awaiting reply from the fella who does the diagnostics in wirral thankyou
Yep, I figured. Sorry I'm not in the area any more. If you don't get any response from Bentleykev (his profile says he was last online on the 4th Jan, so I'm not optimistic) then I know a good mechanic in Upton.

He doesn't have Planet, but he does have good diagnostic gear that's pretty accurate (when he does a Peugeot he rings me to confirm his analysis!), and he fixed my 306 which had this problem.

His number his 0797 340 2021 and his name is Steve. He also does services and repairs for a few Merseyside based members.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thankyou i checked the website you told me about cant sewm to get anything to load i registed with site but nothing loads i can get to the servo just dont know which bit is the seal

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did the pedal test pressed pedal 3 times no feel to pwdal then it firmed up like normal start ignition pedal goes down whwn drivinv it feels normal no noticable differance

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Comments Suspected Diagnosis ? Verify all diagnosis with your preferred repairer prior to any work being completed or ordering any parts
RAC DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM
System Type: ENGINE
Name: EOBD
DTC: P0563,System voltage - high
DTC: P0501,Vehicle speed sensor (VSS) - range/performance problem
DTC: U1313,Pending Diagnostic Trouble Code
System Type: ENGINE SYSTEM DIAGNOSTIC & INFORMATION
Name: NFU - ME7.4.5 - 1.6L - 82 (111)
DTC: P0563,High battery voltage
DTC: P1536,Brake light
DTC: P0501,Vehicle speed signal
System Type: GEARBOX