Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have fitted a Pioneer AVH-3200DVD head unit in my 307 and it works fine but here are the problems;

1. The unit doesn't save any of the set ups or radio stations, and
2. The head unit doesn't switch on and off on the battery setting on the ignition barrel. Upon locking/unlocking/opening or closing of doors the head unit switches on.

I know usually the switching of red and yellow wires in the head units wiring loom solves these problems but it doesn't.

I have currently have a bodge job to try and save battery by connecting the feed wire from the fag lighter to the red live wire in the loom. This allows it to work off the battery setting on the ignition barrel but still doesn't save the set ups or radio stations.

I contacted an in car entertainment business and they spoke about running a wire from the fuse box to the stereo loom

Does this solve the memory problem and the working only when the battery is switched on? Or does anyone have any other solutions?

·
11,968 Posts
The first thing to do would be to identify which wire is permanently live and find out why it's dead.

I can't remember the exact configuration because it was three years ago but I also had to do more than swap the red and yellow on a Sony radio for my first 307.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would appreciate it greatly if you remembered, I've got no access to testing equipment what so ever. Did that resolve your memory issue and the battery switch on the ignition barrel? Thanks again for the help

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
you need to swap the yellow and red wires around

the radio will go off within a minute or so of locking the car. its just how its designed. its a pain i know

·
Registered
151 Posts
Use a test meter and find a switched live, i found one that comes on with ign/goes off with key. Cant remember the colour off the top of my head, possibly blue? Anyway my alpine h/unit works fine setup like this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought a 307 a few months ago and my aftermarket cd player does exactly the same thing. I just thought thats how it is meant to be.

·
Registered
207 Posts
i think everyone will agree with me.... nothing on a peugeot is that straightforward!!! saying that my kenwoods manual does say somewere thatbin some cars the red and yellow wires might have to be switched... hemce why they come with connectors and nnot just wore straight through..... the really annoying thing is the fact that the stereo only switches it self off after a while and not straight away like the original stereo does.....

·
11,968 Posts
I would appreciate it greatly if you remembered, I've got no access to testing equipment what so ever. Did that resolve your memory issue and the battery switch on the ignition barrel? Thanks again for the help
Here you go:

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4125799211.pdf

I had to choose wiring configuration "C" at the bottom right of the PDF.

I tried A and B and it just didn't work. I don't know why because configuration B worked on my next 307, and my current 306 uses configuration A.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've fitted a JVC to my 2002 307 and it used to do the same. Switched the red and yellow round and now it stays on for 2 minutes after closing a door or locking the car but does save stations. 7 months and i'm used to it - just turn it down if you've had it loud before leaving the car and its amusing being greeted by music. :)

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
It certainly sounds like there is no permanent live getting to the head unit. All cars that I have driven ranging from 02 to 58 plates have cigarette lighter / aux power sockets with switched feeds to them so you need the ignition on to use them. Are you sure that this feed you put in is a permanent live ?

If you have got a premanent live going to the head unit and it still lose presets then you may well have a blown fuse in the head unit itself or even a faulty head unit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The fuse in the fuse box, F11, is fine and the wire from the fag lighter is the feed wire, one that works on the battery setting on the ignition barrel

1 - 20 of 22 Posts