Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a Peugeot 307 cc (54 Plate).

The problem is when I use the car in the day the indicators work perfectly. However, as soon as night comes and I switch the headlights on, the indicators stop working. It never used to do this but over the past 2 weeks its been doing this. The hazard lights still work when the headlights are on, but the left / right indicators don't, which is very dangerous in the dark hours.

Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Check the earths where the lights' earth bolts to the body. If they look at all rusty - unbolt, wire brush or emery, then assemble with copper grease.

Usual faults are that lights either don't work with other lights on, or you get several on together when you shouldnt.

May be worth figuring it out from a haynes circuit diagram.

Are you getting any relay noise from the indicators ? - is that side ok ? If you are, then it will almost certainly be a bad earth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying.

Since I have had to bite the bullet and go to a peugeot dealer. They have stated that the Comm 2000 unit has become faulty and a new one is needed. Costing £380.

The part number is 6242H5.

Does anyone know where I can get a cheaper one. Tried all the local and national car breakers but no luck.

Any help really appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It would appear to be the com2000 unit. These are regularly on eBay - search for peugeot stalks or even peugout [some people really can't spell!] and you should be able to bag a bargain. Failing that you can argue the stalks are due to last the lifetime of the vehicle and therefore the unit is not fit for the desired purpose. It is not a consumable and should be replaced at a knock down price as opposed to retail price.

It might be worth going around a Peugeot showroom checking to see if the 207 stalks are dis/similar as I have a feeling they'll be identical. Just be sure to get the correct ones to match yours. If yours has the trip comp ensure you get one with etc etc. It seems a simple idea but if it varies even slightly the BSI may need to be updated at a cost of £43 + VAT.

Hope that helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.