Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I hope you can help I have a fully charged battery on my car but when I turn the key nothing happens. The dash lights come on etc. This happened once before but the guy who fixed it won't help as he can't remember. I'm sure he said alternator fuse. I'm a single dad with not much money at present so all help would be appreciated.

Dave

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
When you say 'nothing happens', does the starter not engage at all?

After trying to start it, leave the key in the ignition and open the driver's door. Does it beep?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Have you got a multimeter? Check the battery voltage on its terminals, move the - lead to the engine, is the reading the same? If more than 0.5volts lower there is a poor connection either between - terminal and body or on the earth strap between gearbox and chassis leg.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hi everyone. I hope you can help I have a fully charged battery on my car but when I turn the key nothing happens. The dash lights come on etc. This happened once before but the guy who fixed it won't help as he can't remember. I'm sure he said alternator fuse. I'm a single dad with not much money at present so all help would be appreciated.

Dave
what engine?
what is the battery voltage?
a fully charged battery does not mean the battery is not passed its useful life.
check and clean the following:
battery connections
engine earth
starter connections
main fuses under the fuse box thats under the bonnet
it could be a faulty starter motor, have you tried roll the car forwards a bit in gear.
try bump start it, or tow start it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts