Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i have had my peugeot 307 for about a month and i am not happy.
The brakes make a very loud squeek noise when you put your foot on the brake. This noise has gone on since i brought the car but peugeot say it is just a common thing with peugeot 307 brakes squeeking. does anyone know what the problem might be

·
Registered
8 Posts
the problem is .... squeeky breaks!
The best solution is to turn up the radio, wait till your pads run out and get some better aftermarket pads, and when you're discs wear get some new ventilated unit. When the breaks don't work....that's a problem... squeeling breaks is an annoyance.

And if this is your only problem...dont you think its a pretty good car, now go give her a wash and cacuum....

·
Registered
16 Posts
barke squeel

Hi

Is the squeel from the front or the back??

If from the front, could get local garage to take the pads out and apply some copper slip grease to the back of em. This normally sorts out the sound.

If from the back you can do same with these but have found that with peugeots, and especially if the back brakes are disc- that as only 25% of the braking is done at the back that the calipers sometimes become stiff or sieze slightly. If they do this in a certain position against the pad then it can sometimes cause your noise.

ps. Bear in mind that if you have the front pads removed, some garages dont like putting the same pads back in and advise to fit new ones, so check first.

Hope this helps

Tyger

pps. And i agree. Its bloody infuriating is that noise.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Coincidenty:
I bought a 307 new only a month ago. When I brake I can just hear a rough kind of sound coming from the front brakes(As if the brake shoes are worn down already).

:confused: Is this normal?

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have had a Nov 2003 (first registered Jul 2004) 307 HDI that has done 53,000 km for two weeks. The brakes squeal only very rarely, not enough to be considered a nuisance. I understand the pads have been changed at least once, so I don't know what sort of pads are fitted. There are no grinding or scraping noises made by the brakes at all. I do consider that there is a little too much power assistance. I wouldn't mind considering some sort of vaccuum regulator across the pump.
Hugh Venables, Melbourne, Australia.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts