Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm based in Lancashire UK and
I've not long had my 2005 1.6 16v petrol estate and she's got me on the backfoot already!
I came out of a workshop today tried to start her and nothing with regards to turning over flicked the key again and she fired up so all good just thought that's a little odd.
After been parked up an hour at home I needed to nip out and the same issue I can hear one click like a solenoid or relay from under the bonnet fuse box and one click from the starter motor and that's it nothing else ,I live on a hill and with jump starting down it it'll start no problem but as soon as its switched off it won't start again just the click.
The battery is as good as new and working as it should,I've plugged an obd2 reader in(I know not the most accurate) I've checked the earth straps which all seem good and this evening put a brand new starter motor on and still unfortunately the same issue so I'm now at a loose end as to what may be actually causing the problem any help very much appreciated ?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Do you have two keys ? fobs ?

Try the other key ?
Maybe battery on keyfob is weak and creating an immobliser fault ?
Key turns in ignition, but the chip in the key doesn't communicate with the immobiliser and hence non starter

Could be a fuse , F8 should be a 20 amp .... might be a 25 amp if someone has had this fault in the past ?

track back and check other posts recently had a few non starting issues

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply,I only have one key I replaced the battery on the fob a few weeks ago and it's responding to the beep test,I've spent a few hours last night tracking back thru posts but nothing that I have already done has resolved others.
I'm just getting my rags on to gave round 2 with it fuse 8 was my first port of call but I can't seem to find that number on the deck of the fusebox under the bonnet

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found it! Fuse f8 blown I've only got a spare 20 or 30amp fuse which would be best to fit till I get to the motor factors and fingers crossed it starts.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Fit the 20

I have seen people fit a 25

if it blows the 20 .... fit the 30 just till you buy more 20s or 25s remove the 30

if it blows the 30 further investigations required

People blow these fuses like smarties ... common fault

When I bought mine .... I have a bag under the passenger seat of mixed
NEVER NEEDED TO USE ON IN THREE YEARS TYPICAL !! :thumb:

Everything else failed around the fuse box

pleased you found the fuse / fault

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks I'll get a 25 refitted today that was my next question what's the causes for it blowing?
Another thing niggling me is a ticking/tapping noise from the but dissappers after about 30 seconds only occasionally does it any thoughts on that one?

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
According to Haynes manual F8 in the main fuse box is for the fan relays, engine control module and diesel injection pump. Obviously the diesel pump is not relevant on your car! It also states see vehicle handbook for specific allocation. You could try pulling the ECU plugs and reseating them as a start.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for info I'll get onto that,it's funny you mention the fans the car temp runs anywhere between 75-90 usually just under 90 when up to temperature I say just under 90 as when it hits 90 the fan kicks in dropping it down does this sound like correct running procedure?

·
Registered
296 Posts
When I ran a 206 2.0 petrol it was always around 90 and drop to about 88
I used to think it was overheating every time I drove it

As with the 1.4HDI think I see 90 if I sit in stationary traffic on a warm day
as this engine runs cool ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts