Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 reg Peugeot 307 won't start when I try to start the engine. I've had the car less than 2 weeks and I've drove almost 400 miles in this time with no issues.

I went to start it this morning and it struggled and made a humming noise, which sounded much like the water coming out for the windscreen wipers (but wasn't).

Then there was a beep and Airbag ceintu defaillants came up on the display.

The radio, lights and wipers are all working. I'm at a loss as to what's wrong. It had been running great.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, Battery was my first thought but the electrics seem to be working fine and nothing was left on for the battery to go flat.

I'm waiting on our other car coming back so will certainly look into a jump start when it does.

I wondered if the air bag warning could have anything to do with it?

C

·
0 Posts
Yeah, Battery was my first thought but the electrics seem to be working fine and nothing was left on for the battery to go flat.

I'm waiting on our other car coming back so will certainly look into a jump start when it does.

I wondered if the air bag warning could have anything to do with it?
If your car is a HDi it needs a very powerful battery to start the engine from cold if your battery is starting to age it will run the electrics etc but not start the engine. My 407 had a dodgy battery when I 1st got her it would start fine then all of a sudden nothing no clicking of relays or starter etc. Put on a new battery and all was well again. Also if you are going to jump start it make sure you do it correctly as you can blow something and make matterss worse :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, it's a 1.4 petrol and the other car is a VW estate with a driver who knows more about this than I do thankfully!

It's still under warranty, but that's not a lot of use to me at the moment as it's a Sunday, the garage is closed and I need my car to work first thing tomorrow morning!

C

·
0 Posts
Thanks, it's a 1.4 petrol and the other car is a VW estate with a driver who knows more about this than I do thankfully!

It's still under warranty, but that's not a lot of use to me at the moment as it's a Sunday, the garage is closed and I need my car to work first thing tomorrow morning!
If a jump starts it keep it running and pop down to a local kwikfit / nationaltyres type place they are open on a Sunday and ask them to test your battery for you this will rule out the battery and the Alternator aswell as they test both at the same time :D

C

·
0 Posts
Pug's don't like weak batteries it can send electrics haywire, if it starts and lights go out great if not take it back to where you got it.

When my battery went everything worked just wouldn't turn over.

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster

1 - 8 of 8 Posts