Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

After a long time of not driving my 307 , today I wanted to top up my washing fluid becuase it was empty.

When I started to fill it up, I managed to fill just that white container (about 0.2litres) and fluid wont go down, it just stays there at the top of filler cup. Washing pump is working I guess because sound is coming from it but washing fluid wont go trough nozzles and just sits there in container, not going down to pump.
I removed fuses in the bonnet but even there fluid is not coming

In my other car I can fill about 3-4 more fluid and everything goes down smooth.
I dont know what the problem might be, so if enyone here knows please help :lol:

Thanks

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
There is a blockage somewhere. The easiest checks are to start at the washer nozzles and work back to the pump. Try disconnecting the nozzle jet pipe and see if any fluid comes out during selection. The access to the water bottle itself is under the right front wheel arch which means removing the wheel and the wheel arch liner.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a blockage somewhere. The easiest checks are to start at the washer nozzles and work back to the pump. Try disconnecting the nozzle jet pipe and see if any fluid comes out during selection. The access to the water bottle itself is under the right front wheel arch which means removing the wheel and the wheel arch liner.
Biggest problem for me is that washing liquid wond go down when I pour it in. I manage to fill just that white container and liquid wont go down to allow me to pour full tank.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Biggest problem for me is that washing liquid wond go down when I pour it in. I manage to fill just that white container and liquid wont go down to allow me to pour full tank.
Sounds like the washer jets could be blocked. If you can hear the pump running then try poking a sewing needle into the washer outlet jets?

FYI- washing up liquid damages rubber seals and wiper blades over a period of time, you would be better using plain water, a 5 Ltr tub of windscreen wash can be bought relatively cheaply (around £5) from most outlets. Depending on where you live :thumb:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
When you mean the little white container, that, I believe, is the neck of the washer bottle, which means the washer bottle is full!! So try what I suggested starting at the easiest nozzle. Don't bother trying to poke the nozzle itself, just pull the hose off that fits on it. But if no water is coming out of either it probably means the blockage is at the pump. But if the pump runs it does not mean it is pumping as the drive might have broken. Gunge can build up in the bottle, fungus like sludge, and will need to be flushed out with clean water. Only use windscreen wash fluid. It is relatively cheap especially if you buy it in concentrate form and add clean water as per instructions. The pump is at the base of the bottle and just pulls out of the grommet. The hardest part is access to the bottle as per first thread I made.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts