Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys new to the forum

just bought a 2002 307 1.4hdi

as the key fob was not locking the car with buttons i decided to change the batteries.

once changed the remote unlocked the car, but after that would not lock or unlock the car with the remote or key.

It has also stopped the car starting. turns over freely but wont start.

One thing I have noticed the lock button on the dash is constantly flashing

Any ideas with this guys?

Seems immobilised

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did you try putting your key into the ignition, turning to position 1 and holding the lock button for 10 seconds?

There is a bit in the user handbook that explains how to do this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hopefully you still have the old case as you have left the immobiliser chip in it. The board in these older cases only operates the locking, has nothing to do with immobiliser/starting.
Your right I?ve just checked and there?s a little black chip in the corner of the case.

Switched it over and gave it a try still no locking and cars doing the same

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
If you have put the chip back in the key it should start the chip and the locking are 2 separate parts and the car should still start even if the key is not locking it sounds like you have possibly caused a bigger issue.

Put key in ignition turn on turn off leave key IN IGNITION open door does car beep bong chime whatever you want to call it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When key is turned on yes it beeps

I?ve just switched it on it?s beeepd and the switches off and opened the door but didn?t beep when doors open

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also notice that, when I?m in the car and it?s th fob buttons I can here a relay switching back on and off from the glovebox which tells me it is picking up the signal from the fob?

But the locking switch on the dash still flashes

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes after numerous attempts to start it the weak battery went dead so replaced it with a fresh battery.

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
Ok classic case of lack of knowledge and research before messing around with the key has got you to a point where YOU cannot fix it you need your key recoded to your car using peugeot planet but you will also need the 4 digit access code.

NOTHING can be done other than the above and it could all have been avoided if you had researched before messing with the key the info is well documented on this forum and others.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There I was thinking it was a simple case of changing a battery :(

What is the 4 digit code and where is the meant to be obtained from?

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
It was a simple case of swapping the battery if you had ONLY swapped the battery and read about any issues FIRST you have caused all your issues through not checking first

4 digit code is on a credit card style card with a scratch of panel check in handbook if not you can get it from peugeot for £ or sometimes free depends on dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lesson learnt, will have to chase for a key code now as i don?t have the code :(

Thank you for your input much appreciated will update once I get it sorted

If anyone has someone with Peugeot planet local to Birmingham give me a shout

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
But of a update

Tried having the key programmed but the guys have said the key is still coded to the car????

And the bsi reset should be done

So I was going to try that but now the windows have gone dead and it?s staying in economy mode even with a new battery,

So I cannot do any reset with as the windows staying up

Haven?t tried starting it since either

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
The BSI reset is unlikely to fix it to be honest and if the key IS coded to the car then the car will start simple as that.

You dont need to follow the reset exactly you just need to wait the required times

What did they check the keys with what program.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts