Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a problem with my Peugeot 307 SW 2.0
I have tried a lot of things and taking it to service but none have found a solution to why the gearbox is not capable of manual mode when you put the lever in M nothing happens it stays in D on the instrument panel.
It would be a huge help if someone could direct me to website/Reddit/service place anything that could lead to this problem being fixed.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
What are the "lot of things" you have tried as we do not want to spend time suggesting something if you have already done it? Also what year is the car? Whereabouts are you as regards directing you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First of all thanks for the reply, I'm truly thankful.

Give me all suggestions there is, don't be afraid to give me something I have already tried, but I have switched out 2 components to the gearbox that have been suggested to me to do to no success. one of them being the gear selector, the other one being a little grey cube beside the shifting stick.

This is the fault codes the gearbox is giving out Could anyone of these be connected to me not being able to put the transmission in manual mode when everything else regarding the transmission is working perfectly? even snow and sports mode work when I press them.

The car is from 2003.

Could it be that the car is not delivered with the manual option? I can not find any info regarding that.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
As I explained we do not want to do that. You tell us all you have done then we can hopefully find something. The readout you show shows what is possibly a box needing a overhaul. Have you changed the oil or added oil or checked the oil level? Very important you use the correct oil and that it is kept pristine clean whilst filling the box. Microscopic dirt ruins automatics. If you give us the chassis number some of the members can use that to give you all the info on the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts